Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8* crashing while on internet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been crashing. I am using VDJ8*. I am on the Internet, streaming. I am using an Imac. This is happening 2 to 5 times a week, always while I am also using Second LIfe. Both programs go down. I reboot both. At first I thought my internet provider was just dropping off, but I have broadcast from two separate IP addresses, and it happens at both places. I suspect it is VDJ8* because that is the only thing that has changed. Does anyone have any thoughts? I do NOT want to go back to VDJ7! I shutter to even think about that.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 3:01 pm
possible your Mac can't handle a graphic intensive game like second life and VDJ8 at the same time ....
i know you probably had no issues with vdj7 but Vdj 8 takes a little more to run in my opinion
maybe its a heat issue? clean the fans and such see if that helps.

good luck

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 3:35 pm
thank you for the reply, unfortunately it is neither. I have a huge imac running sl fine, i have a fan also that monitors my computer and kicks on automatically. When I began version 8, it was fine, then somewhere in all the updates, between VDJ8 and Mac, this crashing began. I will load version 8 and continue to test it weekly, hoping this is resolved on the software end. In the meantime, back to version 7 . :(

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 8:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)