Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Timecode skip on re-enable

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have a situation that I noticed in the version previous to 2048. I just updated today, but I don't see anything in the changelog addressing this situation. In addition, I haven't tried the new version myself and won't be able to until Friday...I know...risky! But I do still have 7 to fall back on.
I noticed that many times when "re-engaging" the timecode switch, the track will jump half a beat or more.

Background: I keep my timecode disabled unless I'm getting ready to mix my next track or do a brake or backspin with the current track....for safety reasons. I have my "source" buttons on my Hercules RMX1 mapped to enable and disable when I press them. It doesn't skip every time, but most times it does. I have noticed it always does it if I needle drop the beginning of the record to reset my relative position. Upon reengaging the timecode, it will jump enough to knock it out of time with the other track that's playing. My timecode hovers between 90 - 100%, I am using the Serato Performance Series with timecode mode forced to Relative. VDJ 7 definitely does not exhibit this behavior as I have been using it like this for years now.

Setup:
VDJ 8.2048 (now updated to 2073)
Windows 7 64bit
Pentium Dual Core T4300
Hercules RMX1 set to headphone mode
Numark TTX-USB fed into Phono-Ins
Serato Performance Series CV02.5

Mapping:
SOURCE: timecode_active & holding ? linein : toggle "shift"
LED SOURCE: timecode_active ? on

I know this belongs in a separate topic but there is something different between the VDJ7 and 8 mappings for the jog wheel on the Hercules. I can't get 8 to stop affecting both tracks when I turn one jogwheel (pitch bend mode, not scratch).

Thanks!!!

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 5:49 pm
apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I've been asking for a solution for this for over a month.. no reply to my ticket except "sent to DEVs."

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 3:26 am
I am having the same problem with timecode vinyl to.I been telling the Dev team to for a min now and nothin. Hope soon it will be fix.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 5:43 am
Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Hope they fix it soon....

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 9:06 pm
Fyi: still not fixed in latest update

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 6:55 am
apedjPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Just put another post on this. It would be nice if they stop worrying about silly little features and fix the core stuff.

Posted Thu 25 Dec 14 @ 3:13 am
Just letting everyone know that is following this topic, I have not tried it yet, but BETA build 2117 states that they addressed this issue :-) Our voices were heard!
I'll check it out soon and give a report back!

Posted Tue 06 Jan 15 @ 9:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)