Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Browser - DB issues with VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
So I have been doing a ton of reorganizing and found that VDJ 8 is not showing orphaned files after manually adding my music folder to the DB. Like this:

After changes made, I open VDJ 8 and my Music folde to the search DB

Then I search for the song that I know I just removed/changed file name

Above you can see the old orphaned file and new file location. But both show as active. I have to drag each one on the deck to get an error before it makes it as bad.

I have had so many of these that I have no idea how to clean up my database without deleting it and starting over. I use to be able to check for orphaned files in 7 and clean the dead links, but I see no way of doing this in 8.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 10:25 am
Also, reload tags for my computer Music folder or a playlist does not find and mark a file as orphaned either.

The reload tags option does not seem to give any status. While I do see it update things when analyzing small batches of songs. If I update my Music folder of 20,000+ songs, it seems it is done instantly, which I highly doubt is true. It use to take close to 1 hour in VDJ 7.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 10:27 am
DHoude wrote :
I see no way of doing this in 8.

In the pictured skin, it's the gear icon above the font resize buttons. Choose Database / Remove missing files from search DB.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 2:47 pm
Ah, wow! Definitely missed that down there. That seemed to find the others I wrote down. Thanks

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 3:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)