Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ losing fav folder

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have this issue since VDJ 7.
I partitioned my HD in 3 parts. One for my general use in home, another one as a "backup" and the last one to use when i'm at a gig.

My problem is that the when i try to favorite the DOWNLOADS folder from my partition that i use in my home, as soon as i close the VDJ, the program lose this setting and i have to favorite the folder again when i open the program AND he loses All the POI and BPMs infos.

One detail that i think it could help: I have the VDJ 8 (and VDJ 7) installed on partition HOME and partition WORK, BUT... when i'm using the HOME partition the WORK partition its name as: A:\ and the HOME its C:\
when i restart my notebook and choose the WORK partition, then the WORK its name as C:\ and the HOME its name as A:\

So, if i scan the files in my HOME partition, the database will index the files as: C:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\file.mp3... when i try to scan or favorite the same folder in WORK partition, VDJ will try to create a database with: A:\Users\Bruno\Downloads\file.mp3...

I think that is this changes of drive letters that cause this strange, annoying and problematic bug

I dont Know if this is a Bug or some miss configuration, but i think it would be simple to resolve if VDJ could save multiples entries with different drive letters.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 12:19 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The problem is probably that on the main system drive, the database is stored in My Documents\VirtualDJ.
On the other drives it is stored in the root in a subfolder called VirtualDJ.
If you copy the database on the system drive (C: I presume) from C:\Users\yourname\Documents\VirtualDJ to C:\VirtualDJ, and copy the database on the other drive (A: ?) from A:\VirtualDJ to A:\Users\yourname\documents\VirtualDJ then it should work.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 1:29 am
I think, we are talking about Windows 7 or above and on all your partitions is installed a seperate Windows.
So it makes always "his own" partition to C: - not a bug of VDJ.
VDJ works with absolute pathes, so you have to find a place, to store your music, where all your partitions can have the same drive-letter (perhaps a 4th partition :-))

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 3:28 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No, the path names are not a problem, these are fixed automatically when reading the database.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 4:43 am
Ok, I did some tests and appears to me that VDJ it's not reading the info on the VIRTUAL DJ folder located in the root.

Right now i'm on my WORK partition (i have a DUAL BOOT setting and both are with windows 7 ultimate.) So, my C:\ its my WORK and my A:\ its my HOME

After i move a file called "Downloads.vdjfolder" from [A:\VirtualDJ \Folders ] to [C:\Users\MyUserName\Documents\VirtualDJ\Folders], VDJ recognizes the DOWNLOADS as a vaforite folder, BUT the program does't load the "database.xml" located on "A:\VirtualDJ" so when I click on the DOWNLODS (pinned to favorites), all the files are showed as First Seen by VDJ, meaning that all info on POIs e BPM are lost.

the "database.xml" located on "A:\VirtualDJ" contains all the info, i opened and the infos are all there, but VDJ does't load the info.

Posted Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 1:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)