Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: analyzing tracks causes audio stutter on OSX 10.7 -

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

please Atomix Support work on a fix for the analyzing stutter/distortion issue on OSX 10.7, analyzing tracks process takes too much CPU, causing distortion/stutter on OSX 10.7 (this does not happen on win7 or build1845 osx 10.7)
looking forward
thank you

opened a new thread has suggested by Haui70

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:51 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since you seem to be the only one with this problem, maybe your computer is too slow to handle both?
I'd say simply don't analyze songs while playing. If they need analysis this will happen during loading anyway.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 1:17 am
Hello Adion, my macbook is a core 2 duo 2.2 / 4gb ram; back in build 1845 the stutter did not happen (I could analyze my whole collection,no stutter); also tried bootcamp my mac with win7 no stutter when analyze (also can analyze all tracks,no stutter), but then I have compatibility problems with win7 and my stanton SCS1 system...
"I'd say simply don't analyze songs while playing. If they need analysis this will happen during loading anyway." - right, I would just feel more comfortable with the fix,I guess.
thank you

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:12 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is it possible that something else changed? (You are now running your soundcard at a lower latency perhaps?)

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 10:02 am
no, I raised the latency, back in build 1845 I had 256 samples latency, since build 19xx I raised to 512.
thank you

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 10:42 am
Does your Mac have the original hard drive ? Many of the older macs had 4200 rpm drives and that could be causing issue. Try this. Add songs to a flash drive load and analyze those and see if you still have the issue.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 7:17 pm
no, my internal hd is wd 500 gb 7200rpm and has I described above the analyzing stutter does NOT happen in win7, so it is a OSX 10.7 issue,no doubts about it.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:10 am
Well its Possible that its a Vdj issue then

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 9:01 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Does your Mac have the original hard drive ? Many of the older macs had 4200 rpm drives and that could be causing issue. Try this. Add songs to a flash drive load and analyze those and see if you still have the issue.

my internal drive is 5400 rpm,just googled it, just tried your tips, used a 8 gb pendrive, then a 80gb pen drive, and then a wd 500gb external disk (ac powered) stutter happens on slow scratches in all conditions, but only when scratching slowly and some random audio dropouts (milisecs), I confess I did a HARD test, but I'm sure it is a osx 10.7 issue, I have a friend who has a mac same specs has mine and 10.7, same issue, tested with a macbook pro osx 10.9 and a vaio win 7, no problems.
thank you

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 9:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)