Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: APC40 Quick Working After Build 2048

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Starting at build 2059 my APC 40 quick working. The rest of my controllers are still working like normal (Dicers, APC20 and Mixer) along with their custom mapping. The APC40 shows up in the controller list with the device file. I'll select the mapping file and the custom mapping commands show up but none of the buttons work. The only thing different is in 2048 (When It Worked) is on the Controller Mapping page in the "Deck" box it starts with the option and lets me select "Automatic (1, 2)" but starting in build 2059 it starts with the option "Automatic (default)" and doesn't give me the option "Automatic (1, 2)". Is there something I need to change in the device .xml file starting at build 2059? The rest of the devices have the option "Automatic (1, 2)" excluding the keyboard, and they all work. If it matters the APC40 device .xml file does have 'decks="2"' in it.

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 2:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The Akai APC-40 now has a native definition, probably using different key names than the ones you used.
If you want to continue using your own definition instead of the native one, you have to add "force-" at the start of the filename.
(So "force-APC40.xml" for example)

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 9:14 pm
@Adion : I renamed the definition file "force-APC40.xml" and it still didn't take. When I select my custom mapping file in the drop down menu it has my mapping commands with the custom named buttons/knobs but still uses the native mapping commands. if I keylearn any of the sliders/buttons/knobs they create a new line with a new name (VDJ defined names). Still starts off with the option "Automatic (default)" and doesn't give me the option "Automatic (1, 2)" like the other devices. I took out the settings.xml file and created a new one to see if that was it. I can open build 2048 and everything works like it should. This issue started at build 2059. Thank you for the reply, do you have anymore ideas why it's not forcing the custom definition and mapping files ahead of VDJ's?

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 11:08 am
Can you try with 'ignoreBuiltinDefinitions' set to yes?

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 2:23 am
I changed 'ignoreBuiltinDefinitions' to yes which worked. I had to create a custom definition and mapping file for the Dicers and download the files for the DV2 mixer from the American Audio website since I had them natively mapped through VDJ 8. I don't know what changed starting from build 2059 for the APC40 not to work (same definition an mapping files just a different result). I'll have to create a definition and mapping file for any new devices in the future since 'ignoreBuiltinDefinitions' is set to yes, but at least I got the APC40 working again. Thank you Adion for the help.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 1:33 pm
Probably your device definition was detected only by name, so that the built-in definition using vid/pid or sysex still had priority.
If you change your custom definition to use the same detection, then "force-" will probably work and you can use the built-in definitions for your other devices again:

<device name="AKAIAPC40" type="MIDI" description="Akai APC40" analogmixer="no" padColumns="8" padRows="5" padSides="1" vid="0x09E8" pid="0x0073" sysexid="F07E??060247730019??????????????????????????????????????????????????F7" decks="1">

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 8:38 pm
the same thing happened to me :( i am not a coder ..lol..just a dj and i want it to work again!
is there a program that can just copy the commands to the new "native"-mapping setup?
or can u explain in SIMPLE steps how to copy/paste what-into-what..PLEaSE?!? ...maybe with screenshots or a little video?

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 4:32 am
go to : version 8 control panel and then select controllers the first option is to shut off original definitions ,,

Posted Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 5:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)