Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Limiter Stays in Red

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

Last week, at the end of a 4 hr gig, the channel level will shoot up and stay in the red and the volume will decrease.

Last night, at the end of a 5 hr gig, the same thing.

In both instances, the issue started on the right deck and would bleed over to the other decks (All the decks will start clipping). I have the ddjsx and I always use auto+remember for the DB auto gain.

My settings haven't changed and I appreciate your assistance to find a solution. I hope I provided sufficient information. Flex

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 7:42 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The remembered gain is possibly too high?
Did you try putting the gain knobs back centered when this happened?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:30 am
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Adion wrote :
The remembered gain is possibly too high?
Did you try putting the gain knobs back centered when this happened?

Yes I did, but since I rarely change the gain I believe all settings were at zero. I will pay attention to this.

I never had this happen or messed with the settings. I did find an article by PhantomDeeJay discussing the limiter and gain settings (http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/187176/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/A_few_words_about_the_limiter.html?search=limiter&page=1). The songs I play when this issue occurs are regular played songs.

I'm going try his suggestions unless u have other suggestions. Thank you Adion.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 4:57 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've run into a stuck limiter once it was connected to VSTs/effects that sample & feedback, killing the effects cleared the problem.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 9:54 am
Definitely seeing some glitches in the way VDJ reads the loaded songs. One time manual adjustments will fix gain issues but I think this, automix issues and other recurring topics all seem to stem from how VDJ reads the mp3 initially when loaded.

Am I right in saying the decoding of the mp3 and other music formats is done in a different way to 7?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 5:14 pm
some effects even vst effects can "double" the deck volume..

when i use compressor/mastering vst's its not uncommon to have to pull the gain back to -5 this does not affect how the deck sounds.

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 4:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)