Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: occasional stutter vdj8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi....does anyone else experience an occasional hesitation \ stutter glitch using vdj8?
I bought and changed up from vdj7 to 8 recently. I replaced all my mobile gear a few weeks ago having had great milage out of the old system. I am using the denon mc6000 mk2 controller with a relatively new windows 8 laptop with8 gigs of ram. My problem is....there is sometimes a distinct "lag" "hesitation" in the software which has my heart in my mouth.
It doesn't crash.,..but it is so annoying. I never had this with vdj7.
I am using the mc6000 sound driver.....as I cannot get the asio one to load.
Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks.

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 1:41 am
the ASIO driver would most likely help

other then that optimize your pc
tweak latency is the issue is audible

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 7:43 am
unplug all non-essential USB devices, see if that helps...

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 8:46 pm
Thanks for the reply gents. Now, that's also a problem for me as I cannot load the denon mc6000 mk2 Asio driver. When I try, the system crashes to blue screen and reboot (and this is windows 8.1) 😱
The laptop is no slouch.....its a Samsung i3 with 8 gigs of ram.
I'll have a look over at the denon forum and report back.
Thanks again.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 2:00 am
Am having the same problem. I don't think it has anything to do with the controller I have the same controller VDJ 8 has been playing great until a few weeks ago it started the hesitation occasionally annoying to say the least.

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 1:05 pm
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Chucky,
I don't have this controller, but I am going to make some suggestions based on driver issues with windows in general.

Indeed, you should be running the ASIO drivers. This is ideal for any controller or soundcard that offers it. ASIO performance blows away MME or Directsound audio methods, as it was designed for professional use.

First, I would visit the Denon site and make sure you have the latest and greatest version of the driver. I'm assuming that you have a 64-bit machine, so make sure you download the 64-bit version of the driver.

If this fails still, or you already have the latest drivers, try installing the driver while in safe mode. On Windows 8.1, press the power button in the charms bar, then hold shift while you click reset. you will be presented with some options. Click troubleshoot, then advanced options. Click Startup settings. Click enable Safe Mode and then hit restart. Windows will reset and look all wonky, this is normal. Hopefully, you will be able to install the driver at this point. If the install for the driver states that you can't install it while in safe mode, restart, then try going back to the same options page where you chose safe mode, and select disable driver signing. This probably won't be a solution, but worth a try.

If all this fails, send an email to Denon!

Tom

Posted Mon 15 Dec 14 @ 3:26 pm
Ok guys I found the fix for mine; open the ASIO control panel on your desk top and change the buffer size mine was 512 I think that's the default I now have mine at 88 all the way to the left and no more stutter. Try that and let us know if it works for you.
Thanks

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 6:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)