Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VJ wish list -- only one thing!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

VDJ8 lacks the ability to have a slide show of ambient video to play automatically while an audio-only track is being plaid. My work around is to use the slideshow activates on audio only tracks capability of the software, but this this option doesn't handle folders with ambient videos in it, I'm stuck with having a few slides show then manually switching to Loops Pad pre-loaded with ambient video cuts then since the pad blocks all video on the master, discontinue it and go back to slides so the transition to the next video will be picked up.

I'm not a technical guy so I don't know if it is possible, but if the slide show could contain either photos or videos that would solve the issue.

This is new with VDJ8 - VDJ7 had the capability to automatically switch to ambient videos when tracks were audio only.

One of my fellow VJs in Orlando is staying the VDJ7 because he values that feature so much and doesn't want to do the cumbersome work around. I would be there are other VJs using the software that would love to have this functionality available in VDJ8. I'm using VDJ8 on a MacBook Pro and it's now stable and working great. I've switched back to VDJ8 from Serato video - (which has the ambient Video when playing an audio track available). VDJ8 is a sea change in it's advanced capabilities.

Posted Fri 21 Nov 14 @ 10:10 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
You're not alone - many of us are having the same problem, unfortunately the last few months the devs seem to be concentrating their efforts on the timecode people. Hopefully once they get the DVS running right they'll move on to the rest of us!

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 6:40 am
Slide show has been modified to show video or slide show files -- not both at the same time. Not a problem. Nice addition. Tested on my Mac. Works on audio-only files when slide show is selected in options as the default for audio only files. Can also be selected from the effects drop down. Thanks VDJ

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 9:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)