Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Locking up when loading Content Unlimited material to deck B

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I contacted Virtual DJ Support by phone today and they mentioned that this has been a problem they have seen, but not able to replicate. They suggested that I post in this forum to see if anyone else might have a fix for this issue. For me, it happens like this...

A song or video is playing on Deck A and I lookup and download a Content Unlimited song to the cache. When I load the now downloaded song to Deck B, I get the little rainbow wheel that mac likes to give while waiting. The screen locks up and I pull up VDJ7 to mix a song in and then force close VDJ8. I reload VDJ8 and go back to my set. I'm not sure what the replication trouble is, I seem to be "able" to do it every single time. I thought at first that it might be that I need to increase my RAM for the new program, but I have done that and still have the same issues.

I'm running on a macbook pro 15" (Late 2011) with 2.2GHz Intel Core i7 processor with 8GB RAM with OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite

Any ideas or thoughts?

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 12:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You try to load the song after the song has finished downloading to cache, or while it is still downloading?

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 7:57 pm
I would thing you have plenty of ram , I haven't upgraded to Yosemite , I'm still on mavericks, with a far slower MacBook Pro, and this doesn't happen when I use content unlimited....

I'm wondering if it might be Yosemite related???

Posted Thu 20 Nov 14 @ 11:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)