Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Simple & Free tips to optimize VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys, After hours of problems trying to get the best out of VDJ8 (In the end it turned out it was a skin causing the problems!) i thought id leave you a few simple tips on how to get the best out of VDJ8. It is a fantastic piece of software once its optimized.

All these tips and software have all been used on my Samsung notebook and have allowed VDJ8 to run with no problems whatsoever. The sound card i use is a creative soundblaster xfi hd with creative asio drivers set as master soundcard and my jb systems dj kontrol2 as a secondary soundcard used for heaphones only.
I have a Windows 8.1 machine.

A great free system tweaking tool as recommended by techsupportalert.com, similar to tuneup utilities but if you can pay the £15 for tuneup utilities please do so, its an excellent piece of software that does speed up your computer: http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Toolwiz-Care.shtml

This is a good guide from the guys here at VDJ8, follow step by step and you wont go far wrong: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common%20PC%20Performance%20Issues.html

Finally, this is a step further in ensuring you have great sound and performance, if you follow the guide on this link properly you can change some settings that are deeper in to the computers system. This for me was the link that got everything right and everything the guide said worked properly: http://www.petri.com/optimize-windows-8-audio-setup-jriver-media-center.htm

I had a nightmare trying to find different forums for different problems and optimizing tweaks so just thought id bundle them together here.

P.S: For me Swap4decks by Djdad is the best and most reliable skin on here. Of course the stock Atomix skin is solid but swapdecks gives you more room to see your tracks and allows 3 effects at once.

Enjoy guys.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 6:36 am
You shouldn't need to optimise anything.

I just installed VDJ on my Lenovo Yoga 2 and it has all just worked perfectly since.

Must be something going on with your laptop.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 6:43 am
It seemed all it was was a known bug with a skin in my case but all these tips will make sure your vdj will run to optimal performance and sound quality. Hopefully these tips will help the numerous people on this forum that have had niggles with the new VDJ8.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 6:50 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
In all the machines I have used I haven't needed to optimize anything, what I have found is if users are running a bunch of crap on there machine in the background (not saying you are) then they will encounter problems and will think these optimizing programmes are a God send, whereas in actual fact if they just got rid of the background dross they have put into there machine then it wouldn't be needed.

Keep your machines clean guys and they will run fine.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 8:08 am
Totally agree Tayla. My laptop was a brand new Samsung notebook with Windows 8.1. Unpinning the tiles and getting rid of the bloatware helps. Just thought there are a lot who have had problems and I was searching for the problem i had through trial and error only to find it was a bug with fruits browser skin. I was looking for answers and tips to what It could be everywhere and just thought id share what I came across.

Posted Tue 18 Nov 14 @ 9:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)