Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: No Luv For Us DJ's With "Spinning Platters" I'm Done With VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ive been using VDJ 7 for along tyme. & since VDJ 8 came out ive been messing around with it on my (home pc) but not my main DJing Laptop for gigs. im following all kinds of post & i read them "everyday" to stay on top of all the VDJ 8 info. and from what i can see everything is getting fixed & addressed for everything (except) the spinning platter issue with the Denons 3700's & 3900's (i DJ with 3900's) so i made the plunge and installed VDJ 8 on my main Laptop just because dj's on here were like hell Tyme just install it & kick the tires for yourself. everybodys laptops,macs,pc's gear are all set up different. just see what works for you. well hell it didnt work & dont work. 1st of all like some other DJ's in another post complained of = load up a song and push play 3-5 seconds the song skips forward, like if somebody is nudging the record forward. yes i practiced for at least 4-5 hours to make like i was DJing a gig. and yes either side/random tymes/different songs. it skips,chipmunks,etc,ect.

so my solution deleted VDJ 8 reinstalled VDJ 7 had to rescan all my music to show tyme,bpm,ect,ect.

i'll still follow the forums to be up on top of things, BUT will not install VDJ 8 for like 2 years or hoping us DJ's with spinning platters get some help

Peace Out ;-)

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 12:26 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I myself, just like you installed it this weekend on my production machine. I have also seen some bugs from the past that still existed this weekend. I also have spinning platters (NS7) and know there are some issues that people have seen.

I did the work and submitted screen shots and proof of the first problems I saw. Most of which got addressed yesterday (Sunday) by a team member!

My point here, be part of the solution. Submit actual data, screen shots, video of how to reproduce your problem and they will solve it. Taking off because of one issue is not going to get you or the community any further ahead.

Not sure if you mix with video, but I do and your other option is a joke! The HELL I had to go through to make that work! Took about 2 months of solid research and support calls to get it running acceptably. The only real help came from my laptop Vendor, ADK. This is really the only software that listens when you submit a factual complaint, and not a cry for attention.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 5:46 am
djtyme209 wrote :
so my solution deleted VDJ 8 reinstalled VDJ 7 had to rescan all my music to show tyme,bpm,ect,ect.

Why did you uninstall VDJ7? They are different programs and work alongside each other. I can have both open at the same time. Did you delete VDJ7's database?

When VDJ8 is started for the first time it will read VDJ7s database initially and create it's own. VDJ7 database is unaffected. I maintain both VDJ7 & VDJ8 on both PC & Mac (I have a boot camped Mac with Windows 7).

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 8:52 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 1:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)