Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Auto headphones select problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've had this problem for a while on both Mac & PC versions.

I work in an Hotel where I usually play background music on automix for 2 hours while customers are arriving and then having a 3 course meal. Then I switch off the automix and turn it up for a full on disco for another 3 hours. Sometimes after a total of 3 hours (2 hrs Automix, 1 hr manual) the auto headphones stops working even though it is still selected in the options. I have to select the headphones onscreen manually.

I use a Denon MC6000 and when the headphones stop working automatically the PFL lights on the MC6000 all light up at the same time. If I try to select the headphones with the PFL button it seems to be erratic whether it will work or not. It is more reliable selecting with the mouse onscreen.

It seems to be inconsistent. On Friday night I did a kids party from 6-10pm. I didn't use automix at all (PC Version build 2029). around 9pm the headphones stopped switching automatically and I had to use the mouse onscreen to switch for the rest of the night. Yet, on Saturday at the Hotel I didn't have any problem.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 7:53 pm
The only thing I can think of is the cable between the controller and the computers is dodgy if the same problem is with the pc and the mac are you using the same cable ? If you are change it for a new one try it as I can not think of any thing else it could be.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 9:34 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am leaning towards hardware as well. Do you have a backup controler you can test with?

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 10:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)