Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: After new build install my list of songs goes blank

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It seems every once and a while the VDJ8 list of songs keeps going blank while it says "browsing". In order to see the songs in a folder I have to quit vdj8 and re-open it every time or wait a very long time. This cannot happen at a gig because none of the songs show in their correct folder and the search goes blank. so is this a new update gone bad? Do I have to go back to VDJ7 until resolved? It sometimes goes blank for 10 or more minutes while it seems to be thinking about something. Forget about Karaoke files as well. If I enable view Karaoke in my lists I might as well go have coffee for an hour. It seems to do this when I am doing file operations using VDJ8 - ie moving, renaming, tagging etc. I have been trying to take baby steps with this new VDJ8 and keep walking backwards. I tried to do my first VJ gig last week for a house party using VDJ8 and had to go back to VDJ7 about an hour in because the video completely glitched out and I was unable to reinitialize it in stride. I was having lock-up problems with the same search and song list issue as well. I am having serious trust issues that I can get through a gig without a software malfunction - very frustrating! Thank goodness for VDJ7 - it seems to work well when you need it to but I do like the new features of 8 so hopefully one day I can use it without having to go to an alternate source all the time...
Last night I was playing with VDJ8 and dragged a group of files over to the automix area that was playing a list of tunes. When I released the moused button to drop them in the playlist the entire program crashed and closed unexpectedly - sheesh, if that happens at a gig won't I look the pro from Dover? Are any of these things repeatable every time? - absolutely not which is where the trust part comes in....
using pc version with ASUS model N56VJ laptop

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 3:35 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)