Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Loop Roll effect intermittently fails

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Loop Roll effect triggered by keyboard intermittently fails, the line marker on the wave appears but stays on the event line, I've only noticed the fault maybe 3 times since the effect was changed to a position type effect and it's always been on deck 1, when it happens non of the 4 keys I use work (as I said the line appears) if i trigger via the effect gui it clears the problem and the keyboard works.

Not that it should matter as 99% of the time it works but this is the script that fires it.
effect_active 'loop roll' ? effect_slider 'loop roll' 1 0.625 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_slider 'loop roll' 1 0.625 : effect_slider 'loop roll' 1 0.625 ? effect_active 'loop roll' : effect_slider 'loop roll' 1 0.625 & effect_active 'loop roll'

Sorry for being vague, I'll pay more attention next time, part of me thinks its on first use but I'm not sure.
Anyone else noticed problems?

*edit* It's just happened again, in auto mix, cpu load normal as before the line appeared but didn't move, turning the fx on via skin gui didn't clear it, turning on via fx gui didn't clear it, pressing the fx gui buttons didn't clear it. even with the fx off the line persisted. however kill all fx script and pressing(starting) it again then it worked. deck 1 again.

So it's not a first use issue (this is the same session) thinking it could be a time related thing (maybe) if the effect is in waiting for a time, I'll leave it for 10 mins, see what happens

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 9:49 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Found it

if the slicer effect is active (but dormant) then the loop roll effect won't trigger

is this the way it is?
(I can change my slicer script to only active while pressed, previously I scripted it lazily since it did no harm)

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:09 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)