Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Internal Skin - Love the Touch Screen Support

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Have been using the latest update to the "Internal" VirtualDJ 8 skin and love it. In particular, I use the tablet mode with a 23 inch touchscreen monitor hooked up to Windows 8 laptop. Works really well, love the "Pads" view in particular, and especially the sides of the skin that allow me to invoke various functions at the touch of a button, e.g. Pads, Files, User, FX, and so forth.
Hope the VirtualDJ support team continues to enhance the tablet mode of this skin. Would love the ability to modify the browser FILES function to allow the option to select either a grid and list view mode while in tablet mode. This would allow me to easily see a lot of folders/songs in list view, choose the next song to load, and then continue using all the other features of tablet mode. This feature (choosing either List or Grid view) is available in the options button of the browser when using mouse mode, but the option to choose List view (just for the Files option) disappears when I switch to tablet mode.
Anyway, keep up the good touch screen support as I have found it works very well with larger touch screens!!!

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:16 pm
arthurlastra wrote :
the option to choose List view (just for the Files option) disappears when I switch to tablet mode.

There's a line in the tablet skin XML which enables "touch screen mode" (i.e. turns off the list view). Without that line, you can have list view.

Whether it affects any other aspect of use with touch screens I don't know.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:21 pm
at the top / 1st line touchscreenmode="true"
remove this part.

it will make the sliders thinner though..
but if you need to, you can enable touchscreen mode in options..

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 7:00 pm
Yes, I think that turning it on/off via options (or a custom button?) is actually a better choice because it allows you to change the view while you're still running the skin.

Having it enabled in the skin XML does lock you in to staying with that view.

With a custom browser, it ought to be possible to have the two different views available from within the skin and switch them, but it seems to be broken.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 7:00 am
you need to remove the command from skin as it overrides settin in options.

Posted Sun 16 Nov 14 @ 8:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)