Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Effects, Record tabs not working !! + Mp3 quality record

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hellow guys,

I'm still using VDJ Full Pro 7 for the moment because i experience to many troubles in VDJ 8.

First: its the tabs above the browser that doesn't work anymore i use normally a TK filter which is gone in VDJ 8 (Wtf :O) to make it sound like on a DJM-700. But i can't click on the tabs anymore (records,effects,etc...). My Reloop beatmix doesn't give me the option to modify the Tk filter like on VDJ7. Is there a .dll for the TK Filter for VDJ 8 ?

AUTO GAIN never works no matter what setting i set

Is it because i use the Reloop Skin ?

Second: When i start record i can't choose 320 kbps like before, is it random ?

Thanks for more information and the helpful comments. I want to start ASAP because VDJ8 looks more smooth and the mechanics works better.

Edit: nvm i found for the effects tab when u click on the setting it appears down and stays. :D Just don't find the TK filter. :s

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 1:58 pm
Pulled from page 87 of the manual, "A different quality can be selected from the option recordQuality in Advanced Options under the group Record (low=128Kbs, mid=192Kbs, high=320Kbs)."

The TK Filter is not available in ver 8 yet.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:21 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The Tabs issue is because V8 doesn't have FX/Sampler pages anymore. Use a V8 skin.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:23 pm
They could be made to do something, but it'd mean a skin mod.

It would've been good to have a config option for "VDJ 7 compatibility mode" or something, so people don't get too confused.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:29 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Pulled from page 87 of the manual, "A different quality can be selected from the option recordQuality in Advanced Options under the group Record (low=128Kbs, mid=192Kbs, high=320Kbs)."

The TK Filter is not available in ver 8 yet.

Thanks this helped me out for one thing already ;-)

What about the auto gain that? Everything goes red no matter what i have to put them down very low ? Does it affect or not if i record in red ?

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 4:01 pm
Is ok i used VDJ8 and sorted things out. The basic filter is adjustable if u put good setting its like TK filter. ;-) 214 khz and 80 resonance u have a good filtered bass but still kicking.

For the quality output for recordings its ok in advanced options.

For the tabs u click on the setting of an effect and he add himself down in the browser and u can adjust everything with your console and see the changes.

Thanks anyway and this is a good update.

Only problem is still this gain.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 4:16 pm
Moving from 7 to 8 everything to be rescanned (it's unavoidable), perhaps that's the source of your Autogain problem.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 4:49 pm
locodog wrote :
Moving from 7 to 8 everything to be rescanned (it's unavoidable), perhaps that's the source of your Autogain problem.

Nope, he still doesn't autogain for a unknown reason.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 1:07 am
How about controllerTakeOverMode? if you have that set to instant then perhaps autogain won't work (possibly I'm not certain)

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 1:23 am
locodog wrote :
How about controllerTakeOverMode? if you have that set to instant then perhaps autogain won't work (possibly I'm not certain)

Hmm may check this out. Its possible its my Reloop controller doing that. Thanks i come back to you later

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 9:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)