Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: *** Serious TOUCHSCREEN issues:: please look at it!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi (current build 2082.862)

I reported the following touchscreen issues. I have a touch laptop and have been working with touch ever since version 7. That worked perfect

to start with: I have no interest in the dedicated TouchSkin. It takes up too much screen reel estate and it is not four decks.
All my concerns regard the normal skin (or Browserview skin) 4 decks and to use it with Touch
(win 7 or 8.1) I have both systems

below issues are with a W8.1 10 point touch laptop

1: knobs dont respond to double click like the mouse for example filter doesnt reset on a touchscreen when you double click it... while imho it should

2: (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y)
folders when you touch a folder to expand it, it opens and closes again immediately. This is a bug and shouldnt happen. It doesnt happen all the time, but mostly
This function works fine in "multitouch two fingerscroll mode No mode!

3: (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y)
holding touch in folder pane (like right clicking mouse action) brings up context menu way too soon. please delay this a little this is annoying and independent of windows right click touch system settings

4: (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y) track pane
CTRL selecting (to select multiple individual tracks) or shift selecting (to select a group of tracks like in windows) doesnt work. while it works on the same machine using mouse and touchpad. It worked perfectly in V7 This function works fine in "multitouch two fingerscroll mode No mode!

5. (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y)
folders move all over the place.. This is worse using a touchscreen then it is already

6. (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y)
it was possible to delete tracks in sidelist or automix list just by dragging one or multiple to the far right. This would delete them. (v7.4 etc) this is no longer possible. Please restore this function as it is good for touchscreen workflow

7 (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y)
please allow me to throw the list up and down so when I release my 2 fingers it still scrolls a little according to the speed of swiping. Now it stops immediately which is not good for touchscreen workflow

8 (multitouch two fingerscroll mode Y)
please allow an option to reverse the scroll direction of the swipe... for example two finger swipe down scrolls list down (as I think it was in 7.4) please make it an option so we can choose.

thanks for looking at it

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 10:59 am
Ditto to all of that. Plus make the touchscreen keyboard that comes up when you touch the search box, optional. Please. Ta.

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 5:24 pm
ditto. touchscreen keyboard.. on win 8.1 i notice as i type it makes sound over ASIO soundcard!!

Posted Sat 22 Nov 14 @ 5:59 pm
There is a settings button in the keyboard itself and you can turn off the sounds.

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 4:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)