- import cue points from serato tags
- various small improvements to the timecode engine

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 7:59 am
dj fandosPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Moderation. Message is removed

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 8:55 am

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:21 am
This is a suggestion, not a regression at least post it in the right forum.......

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 9:52 am
sclavel wrote :
- import cue points from serato tags
- various small improvements to the timecode engine

Can you explain a little more on these? For the cue points, does this mean if I download a video or audio track that has Serato cues added, VDJ will read them?

And what small improvements were made to the TC engine?

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 10:04 am

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 10:29 am
on timecode vinyl scratchwave drift, at the beginning of the track when scratching and rewind it back a the same spot to scratch.i was playing around with pitch quality and i put it on -2 the scratchwave drift went away but the track does not sound right so when i put it back to 2 i get scratchwave drift same thing at 1 i try 0 but alot of static so i can not call it something need to be adjusted at the beginning of the track in timecode vinyl .

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 10:46 am

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:03 am
angelt99 wrote :
on timecode vinyl scratchwave drift, at the beginning of the track when scratching and rewind it back a the same spot to scratch.i was playing around with pitch quality and i put it on -2 the scratchwave drift went away but the track does not sound right so when i put it back to 2 i get scratchwave drift same thing at 1 i try 0 but alot of static so i can not call it something need to be adjusted at the beginning of the track in timecode vinyl .

you're right!just tried it, and no drift on -2,and its really tight, I can the play the full track and the sticker always gets back to same spot, I also tried 0 and its also OK for me,no static (I have a lot of static in b2003), also no wave drift, no sticker drift, and just a little drift if play the full track ,who cares?! its fine with beatjuggling/backspins!
I really can't hear any diference with pitchquality at 0, 1 or 2 ,maybe I'm going deaf... will have to test it some more,mix 2 or 3 decks,scratch....
thank you for sharing your findings angelt99, I guess I will update from b2003!

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:33 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm excited to see the "Import Serato Cue points" notice.

However, It's not obvious how this happens so would you give a brief explanation of what occurs or is there something the user must do manually? Here is what I've tried:

1. Looked in File Operations to reload tags
2. Re-analyzed file
3. Save file to a Serato Crate the re-opned VDJ8 and looked for the file in that Crate and loaded to deck in V8
4. Exported Serato Crate to desktop then opened Desktop file in V8
5. I even opened Setting in VDJ8 to see if there was a new setting that needed activation. Didn't find one.

Since none of these methods showed me the Serato cue points, I know I must be missing something simple and obvious.

Thanks in advance.

I occasionally use Serato and have a number of Crates that I would love to begin using in VDJ8 along with the Cue points already set but dang if I can't figure out how to import the cue points.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You need to make sure the option to actually import them is enabled in the options too - getCuesFromTags ;)

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:17 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
angelt99 wrote :

+1

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:19 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:28 pm
Timm United wrote :
Hi (current build 2082.862) etc. etc.

You already posted this huge long message in the bug report forum. There was no need to cross post here too.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Once again. This forum is for regression bugs ONLY !
This means that you only need to report here if something is broken in this build or if the new fixes and implementation of this build have a bug.
Use the http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/75/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum.html to post any other bugs that are present in older builds and the Wishes Forum for your requests.

Posts that do not follow the above will be moderated !

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:56 pm
dj fandosPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
Moderation. Post deleted as irrelevant.
As a moderator yourself, you should know that we need to follow the rules of each thread.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 1:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:11 pm
If you have an issue, that's related to the current build, place it here. If not, place it in the appropriate forum.

EDIT Locodog, your post was not visible to me. I was replying to the post by DJ Fandos.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:14 pm

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:18 pm
Have an audio selection issue to report. For some reason I can not change my audio selection on the Mac version of VDJ8, however I can make changes on the PC version. It looks like the audio selection is locked to prevent any unintended changes. Although this may be a good feature to consider, if you have multiple setups or upgrade your equipment, the option to modify the audio settings is extremely necessary.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 7:13 pm
83%