Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 Scripts for Kontrol F!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi guys,

Can't get VJ8 scripts and I'm pretty bad at this part (programming) see below comment.

Looking for some custom scripts to add to Native Instrument F1, I'll be happy to share my mappings and definition file, once it's done

I can handle some of the most basic commands (for example 'pitchlock') but the moment it gets complicated, I'm struggling and guessing and almost always wrong.
Needed scripts for the following commands: (in no particular order)
RESET PITCH RANGE TO 12% (This is my default 'go to' range after a really big pitch change difference)
OPEN AND DISPLAY SIDELIST (no matter what the status of any of the side windows)
OPEN AND DISPLAY AUTOMIX (no matter what the status of any of the side windows)
BROWSER ZOOM (I need this one for a keyboard shortcut too please) This was easy in VD7 but can not do it in VD8 for some reason.
TOGGLE BETWEEN 2 & 4 DECKS (also a keyboard shortcut for this please...btw I'm on the SWAP 4 Decks skin.
TOGGLE LOOP ROLL (independent for Left and right decks- will allocate 2 buttons for this)
LOOP MOVE (This will be assigned to the F1's Filter knob, It has a center indent and finite left and right positions) Independent again, I will map 2 separate knobs for this. I would love this to work so that when I move the knob to the left it will move the loop back in time (say 10ms) and the when I move it to the right, it will move it 10ms forward in time. If I keep moving it right, then it will jump another 10 ms forward. Hope that makes sense.
TOGGLE SLIP MODE (Independent button for Left & Right Decks)
TOGGLE PLAY/STOP SPECIFIC SAMPLE (for example "Kick Snare")(No matter what side window is or is not open. ) I tried mapping this myself and it does work however the volume resets to maximum each time I stop it. I tried using the gain to control it but it is not effective. The preferred mapping would always leave the volume where it was last left.

Anyway that should be a good start for me.

Thank you so much in advance to whoever responds!

LK

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 1:41 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Here's a few

Pitch 12%
deck left loop_roll_mode
deck right loop_roll_mode
deck left slip_mode
deck right slip_mode

Sampler volume is a known issue.

(how to help yourself)
See the magnifying glass bottom right.
http://pbrd.co/1xQ4iJv
Click that and V8 will learn the next (single mouse action performed.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:03 am
Hey Locodog,

Thanks so much for responding...I'm going to implement these in the next few days and let you know how I go.

Cheers LK

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 3:32 pm
These worked great! Thanks Loco dog...also realized probably wrong spot in the forum for this. My apologies.

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 11:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)