Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: ISSUE WITH CUE/START POINT

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

D2thaCPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am gonna be as specific as possible with this issue I am having.
I am on PC my laptop is an ASUS G73Jw ( Intel i7 - 1.73 ghz - 6g memory - windows 7 64bit)
I roll with Denon DN-S3700's and the Denon DN-X600 2 channel mixer - I run the mixer midi to vdj7.4 and now to vdj8
The issue started 2 weeks ago when I did a gig where the bass was extra heavy. I had plugged my laptop in and set everything up as I was to dj second in line. I did not think much of the bass at the time but when I got on I noticed my cues were not right at the beginning of the song and I manually had to move the music back to the starting point. At the time I was on VDj8 and I immediately went to VDJ7.4 because it has never failed me but low and behold, the same thing. I took a pic so everyone could see what I am talking about.
I managed to finish the gig but all next week tried to figure the issue out. On my main PC at home I got the same thing on both 7.4 and on 8 so I called Denon thinking hardware/firmware issue and got updates for everything. Implemented those and still the same thing. Also updated the Serato timecode and still the same thing.

if anyone has a solution to this, any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 12:24 pm
Open Config go on Settings, check "Show Advanced" and search for auto-cue

What setting do you use ?

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 5:42 pm
Auto Cue is on no

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 7:46 am
Could it be an Auto Cue situation or a timecode situation. It does not make sense. I plan on pulling the controller out this eve to see if I have the same issues on both 7.4 and on 8.
Should I consider deleting VDJ from computer and starting completely from scratch?
Could it be something in a codec that needs to be adjusted? Someone said I need to readjust the CBG for every song....with over 60,000 songs in my hard drive that is not an option. I am sure I am not alone in saying that.
I need a solution fairly quickly before I go back on tour

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)