Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BUG: Same Song Loaded In Two Decks - Controller Platters Stop Working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Found a repeatable bug.

BUG: When the identical song is loaded into both decks, the jog wheels and/or motorized platters stop controlling the decks. Other buttons on the controller appear to operate fine.

Originally thought it was a "Clone Deck" problem, but turns out it is anytime the identical file is loaded into both decks.

I discovered it trying to use "Clone Deck" while scratching with Numark V7's. The spinning platters stop controlling VDJ8 when second identical track gets loaded (but platters continue to spin).

Same results using a Numark DJ2GO. I completely unhooked V7's from laptop. Hooked up a DJ2GO using laptop soundcard on master. Loaded two instanced of a mp3 onto both decks (NOT using Clone Deck), and jog wheels stopped working (correction: 1 side worked partially, but not enough to be considered functional).

I can take video of this and post it if you need me to.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 10:00 am
what build? I couldn't duplicate on 2028 with non motorized platters.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 10:33 am

Sorry for the long reply.

Maybe it starts with the motorized platters, but it definitively does not end with them. I have noticed that when I pause both decks, that Virtual DJ starts a little freak out. I couldn't figure out what it was doing, but I think it is jumping the focus from left to right deck rapidly. This may begin with the platters, because I know when you start scratching on a deck, that deck gets the focus.

Posted Tue 11 Nov 14 @ 8:45 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have the same problem too.Tried "clone_deck" on the custom button. sometime it works fine. Other time while deck A is playing and press the custom button (clone deck) to deck B both decks would be playing that's normal, but at a louder volume now I cannot stop the either song. Even if I delete the songs from both deck the song is still playing and the master volume jumps to 100%. Channel fader does cease to work. So I have to wait for the song to finish playout to the end. So you cannot mix it if you had planned to do so half way in the song. not sure what built causes this.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 11:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)