Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Just bought the new DJ Mixstation 2?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've just got the new DJ Mixstation 2 feat Virtual DJ, and was wondering how do I know the serial number for Virtual DJ so that I can get more add-ons etc, since it seems that I need to be at a higher level than 1. Can anyone assist me in my quest to get these new effects that'll make mixing so much better.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 8:53 pm

Posted Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 9:16 pm
Thanks for that, but I have got version 1.06. I bought it. Isn't that the full version?

Posted Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 9:35 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 9:39 pm
When I load it up it says Virtual DJ version 1.06. It's brand new if that helps, only came out on the 26th September (in the UK).

Thanks for the help.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 03 @ 9:50 pm

Posted Wed 01 Oct 03 @ 12:18 am
StylesQPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What is the difference between Virtual DJ and DJ Mixstation 2?

Thanks guys,
StylesQ

Posted Sat 04 Oct 03 @ 7:14 am
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
With DJ Mixstation you can't plug in headphones, can't play though a mixtable, can't input external sound source, can't control with external turntable, its not optimised for automatic use.

Posted Sat 04 Oct 03 @ 8:05 am
Not being able to use headphones tends to take away the point in dj'in seriously... Whats the point in buyin a program if u cant preview the next track.. Seems to take the point away in naming it djmixstation 2 as its not much of a dj station is it??

Dj Dark Storm

Posted Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 4:53 pm
Too true - playing way your ears covered is better!

later,
Liam

Posted Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 5:25 pm
nscodeHome userMember since 2003
What is the problem in mixing without hearing the music? :)

Posted Tue 07 Oct 03 @ 6:40 pm
nashHome userMember since 2003
kekeke .. !! man without headphones is like walking with your eyes closed....

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 3:41 am
And that's why it only costs 29 Euro and not 99.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 4:25 am
w03paHome userMember since 2003
Lol, i dont understand why all you people need headphones so bad??

only good for them is to pitch the record you are going to spin and VDJ does that automaticly...

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 12:29 pm
My 2¢:

Although VDJ does a lot of things for you automatically I wouldn't trust it do everything, as if you do what point is there in being a DJ?

Answer to your question:
Headphones are great for previewing the next track without the audience hearing what you are planning to play.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 2:07 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Headphones makes you GOD!! I think you are not real dj's (playing in gigs).

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 3:49 pm
w03paHome userMember since 2003
my point is, if you cant mix without the headphones using virtual dj.. then u dont even know how to dj.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 4:08 pm
Thats funny, some might argue that if you rely on anything other than traditional DJ equipment you are not a DJ (i.e. Turntables, crates of records, mixers, ect, ect.) For which I would respond: If you are unable to embrace new ideas to assist you in the creative process of Djing than you are not in tune with the spirit of DJing,... Inovation.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 4:46 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sorry man, I'm as cool with progress as anyone, but you simply MUST have your music from 2 seperate outputs, and you simply MUST use headphones to be a working (earning) DJ.
BTW, I carried the turntables, and the big coffin console, and crate upon crate upon crate of vinyl for years... I wouldn't go back to that for any reason!
I was the last guy around here to finally convert to CD's. But I was among the first to convert to working with a laptop computer.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 6:40 pm
nashHome userMember since 2003
Indeed !!!

Posted Thu 16 Oct 03 @ 7:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)