Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Where are some if my tracks?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Not touching v8 till all my tracks show up properly. I know of at least one that wont show anywhere but does show up in v7. Bought from the same source as my other music. Also in 8 I cant find how many tracks I have, to compare to v7. Anyone know what the trick is to allow all music in your library to show up by search or in My Music?

Posted Fri 07 Nov 14 @ 11:22 pm
danielsr2006 wrote :
Not touching v8 till all my tracks show up properly.

More info please.

danielsr2006 wrote :
I know of at least one that wont show anywhere but does show up in v7.

You know of it, but we don't. What is it? Is it a video file or audio? What format? Where's it stored?

danielsr2006 wrote :
Anyone know what the trick is to allow all music in your library to show up by search or in My Music?

Just enter a * in the browser search box. FAO Atomix staff - this info is mentioned in the VDJ 7 manual but not the VDJ 8 manual.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 5:20 am
Hi groovin..Let me try to explain. I have one particular song I enjoy that I was searching for in v8 but I could not find it. Not by search or manually look in "my music". That song is still in my library, its an mp3 file at 258kbp. Makes me wonder if thats the only track that wont show up or if I have other tracks that will not show up in v8? I completely uninstalled v8 and reinstalled but still wont show up.

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 11:17 pm
espepePRO InfinityMember since 2009
This same issue its hapening in My library,in vdj 7 perfect the search ,but notice this with one song in vdj8 ,cant find in vdj8,what its the problem.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 1:04 am
danielsr2006 wrote :
have one particular song I enjoy that I was searching for in v8 but I could not find it. Not by search or manually look in "my music". That song is still in my library, its an mp3 file at 258kbp.

You don't want to say what the song is? :-)

If you could find the song in VDJ 7, presumably it was in the VDJ 7 database (if you were searching using the 7 browser) - so then it should also be in the 8 database.....because when 8 is first run, it imports the database from 7. Unless you deleted your 7 database before installing 8.

When you search for it in 8 - how are you doing that? Are you typing something into the search bar in the browser? If so, what? The artist, the title?

What search options do you have selected in VDJ 8? Are you sure you've selected all the tag categories you need?

Have you manually browsed to the folder where you know the track is, using the folder browser in VDJ 8? Is autoSearchDB turned on?

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 10:10 am
Ok I found the song manually in 'my music' its just I forgot it was in a different album. If you must know the song it was a remix Especial Cumbia by Don Latino lol. So I havent opened up v8 for a long time and all newest music did not get updated in 8. I have been doing everything in 7. Is there a way to automatically update everything in v8 instead of having to manually go back through all music? I wont be able to remember all music I have recently purchased...

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 4:15 pm
If you're still doing your database importing etc. in 7 then you could always delete the 8 database whenever you feel the need to bring 8 up to date.

That way, 8 will just import the whole 7 DB again - including all the new ones you've added to 7.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 5:04 pm
Ok let me see if I understand...
1)Uninstall v8
2)When asked to delete database settings click yes
3)Then reinstall v8
And should be good? Without disrupting v7 database?

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 5:48 pm
No - you don't need to uninstall VDJ 8.

Literally like I said, just delete the VDJ 8 database (database.xml) and when you next run VDJ 8 it will import the 7 database and recreate a new one for 8.

However, just bear in mind that if you've done any database work in 8 then obviously you'll lose that. Just rename it (rather than delete) if you're unsure.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 6:04 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
As groovindj is pointing out, the v8 database imports the v7 once. After that, it is a sepereate database. Updates in one version will not sync with the other. so if your doing stuff in 7, deleteing the 8 database causes v8 to import again.

If you want to keep using both versions, i would create a playlist of newly added stuff in one version and then open that list in another. I do something similar when I import songs into itunes, as I use it to manage my music. I then used the recently added itunes smart list in vdj. It then adds them.

There are more things added in the v8 database. I would not keep deleting it. I would slowly make the permenant move to V8.

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 10:24 pm
I noticed something similar during a gig last night, I had to manual find a lot of songs on my computer using the windows explorer cuz they weren't showing up on my VDJ8 search, which was never a problem. I have all of my music in 1 min folder and there are several sub folders inside of that main folder, so to do a quick fix I renamed all of the sub folders inside that main folder. it didn't help so I rescanned ALL of my music in those folders (not quite a 24 hour job but it took quite a bit of time) it is finding songs now so I backed up my back up portable hard drives as well as my VDJ folders to them also. Now my question, when I now search for a song/artist, each song shows up twice (basically the new location which is good and loads plays etc as well as the previous location which is a nothing but dead file, looks like a song but u try to load it and there's an error and it puts red X on the song only after I try and load it) is there a way to make it or adjust my settings so VDJ isn't showing me all of these dead/empty songs? Thanks

Posted Sun 09 Nov 14 @ 11:31 pm
Simply clean your database - page 37 of the manual.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 3:30 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
It's also a good idea to add your new songs to the searchDB. If you don't do that VDJ will not find this songs.
To do so just rightclick your root music folder(s) and choose "batch -> add to search db".

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 5:25 am
groovindj wrote :
Simply clean your database - page 37 of the manual.

Thanks, it's exactly what I needed.

Posted Mon 10 Nov 14 @ 9:25 am
Ok finally figured it out. Thanks for the help. Now I finally might start giving v8 a try..

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 11:55 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
danielsr2006 wrote :
Ok finally figured it out. Thanks for the help. Now I finally might start giving v8 a try..

What was your fix?

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 11:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)