Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VST Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It seems when i use a vst on the master vdj writes all my settings to a ini file but when i use the plugin again it doesn't use that info to set the plugin?

something is broken guys why write that file? if it doesn't use it when the vst loads again

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 1:02 pm
geemixPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Yes yes and yes, someone else with the same issues I am faced with!

I make my changes in the plugins, which are written to the .ini file. but when restarting VDJ 8 and restarting the plugin (also on Master) it reverts to the default values, not those stored in the .ini

This is driving me nuts having to re-do settings everytime I wanna use a plugin. HELP!

While I am at it, on the master, it has the option to add x4 plugins, I add two but when restarting VDJ, only one plugin remains. I need to also manually add the 2nd (3rd or 4th).
+

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 1:04 pm
heres an example of a free vst that can be used to test this http://loudmax.blogspot.com/

its doing the same with all my vst plugins though

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 1:06 pm
Yes loudMax is one, as well as a number of others.

It appears to be vst's that do not have a user menu to save presets, as those work just fine, allowing me to save/load my own.

It is vst's like loudMax which have no save option. My reply from the creator of LoudMax states that it does not save an .ini file, that is VDJ which does and his plugin should load the last used setting. Which is down to VDJ's SDK. Which is beyond my knowledge.

So, to me, it is certainly some issue with VDJ and how it works with such plugins.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 1:26 pm
I tried using the Loudmax Plugin but Virtual DJ 8 says it's incompatible

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 4:43 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
32 bit? it works here.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 10:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Will be fixed in the next update

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 12:10 am
Exciting news :-) thanks for the reply.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 1:32 am
That is great news if it will be fixed next update :) Also can you check the plugin's stored on the Master. It seems to only allow one to reload with VDJ8. Even if I manually enter (type) in prefs separated by a comma, still no joy. Only the first one loads with VDJ.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 14 @ 1:35 am
after downloading the 32bit VST it works, but the 64bit one did not. As I am running Windows 7 64Bit i thought his would be the plugin to use.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 3:16 am
nope V8 is 32 bit so are the VSTs it can use.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 6:35 am

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 8:49 am
I was hoping for something like that to over come the issues that Glitch2 has with V8, I know this isn't made to do that but it is in a similar workaround arena.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 11:07 am
32 bits? hmm wonder if that's why I can't load Native inst Guitar Rig 5...but then the plugin wont open in Fruityloops neither.been trying this for the last few days.in the other hand last nite decided to try some older Vst's I had copied from my other laptop which is 32bit.....dBlue Glitch v.3 is working here..so its tornado...

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 5:59 pm
still no love on this been a couple new builds?

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:39 pm
well,as I've been messing with installations of native instruments plugins,I found out these last few days that even thou a computer might be 64bits ,the applications however will run in 32bits which is why windows 7 64bits have a 32bits program files folder "program files (x86)" as well as the 64bits "program files" folder, and that most plugins do run in 32bits.so if the plugin comes with a standalone application it will place the plugins in the two locations,that is..there should be a "vst plugins" folder in "programs files (x86) 32bit folder and from there you copy them afterwards to the needed application.so in other words dont use the 64bit,use the 32bit.this is why tons of old plugins work for me even thou I have a 64bit laptop.
(edit:) I have not tried "Loudmax" or other ones mentioned in this thread and or the location where they are placed in vdj...

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 3:53 pm
tested...32bits LoudMax working on my 64bits.don't know about it storing the configurations yet.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:50 pm
It doesn't, VDJ @fault.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:02 pm
yes,noticed that on vdj7 as well...

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 6:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)