Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: wishlist - automix file for each playlist (and some automix editor enhancements please)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I would like separate automix settings saved for each playlist. These automix settings would then act as an "override" for the POI and mix styles and transitions.
The reason I think this is necessary is because I would like to create playlists for different times in the evening. Sometimes these playlists will contain one or two of the same songs but I would like to create different start and end points to fit the different songs surrounding them.

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 5:35 am
"Hi, I would like separate automix settings saved for each playlist. These automix settings would then act as an "override" for the POI and mix styles and transitions".
Hi DVD,
as far as i am aware, if you make a playlist for use in automix, then play around with it in the automix editor to get it all nice and sweet, save it, pick it back out of the playlists(right click "Load in automix" .... it will play exactly the same time and time again.

Or are you saying that if you change the automix POI's in the seperate tracks, at some later time, that it affects the previously created playlist?
If that's the case I'm going to start to cry! It would explain some of the hiccups/irritations(to put it very mildly!) that I've been experiencing.

Thanks for your input, and I hope you'll find your answers soon
Best wishes
ray

Posted Sun 02 Nov 14 @ 6:07 am
Yes Ray, kind of... The POI's and cue points that are in the database would still be there but the major difference would be for each playlist the POI's would change according to the override variables. This is important because the same song might be used in different playlists and be surrounded by other songs and that could influence where you want the start and end points to appear. So... my wish is for an override automix file for each playlist containing said POI's.

raypitman wrote :
"Hi, I would like separate automix settings saved for each playlist. These automix settings would then act as an "override" for the POI and mix styles and transitions".
Hi DVD,
as far as i am aware, if you make a playlist for use in automix, then play around with it in the automix editor to get it all nice and sweet, save it, pick it back out of the playlists(right click "Load in automix" .... it will play exactly the same time and time again.

Or are you saying that if you change the automix POI's in the seperate tracks, at some later time, that it affects the previously created playlist?
If that's the case I'm going to start to cry! It would explain some of the hiccups/irritations(to put it very mildly!) that I've been experiencing.

Thanks for your input, and I hope you'll find your answers soon
Best wishes
ray

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 2:04 am
omg. Thaks for that, it had never occured to me before.
+1

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 7:46 am
i thought this was already being written in the database?

maybe I'm wrong?

Posted Thu 06 Nov 14 @ 5:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)