Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 2 Crashes The Past 2 Nights

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hope someone can help. On my regular PC (Core I7, 3rd Gen, 12GB ram, Win 8.1), I had a system lockup in VDJ8 to the point where my hard drive was running at 100% and I don't even know if you got log. I was finally able to get to a point to uninstall it so I could put it on another machine for a gig last night. Then, the software became non responsive on the backup machine (Core I5, 3rd Gen, 8GB ram, Win 7, 64 bit. On the backup machine, I was able to get it back by shutting down the software and my Mixdeck Quad, but not sure what happened. Any help would be much appreciated.

Oh, I was also subscribed to Content Unlimited and was actively using both times.

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 1:10 am
Hi Jb,

I have had exactly the same experience. I have been latency mon bench marking, testing, optimizing all week. System is optimized to the max, spent about 20 hours getting it right. Latency mon flies, no prob what so ever but vdj8 still every now and then just shuts down and restarts immediately. Love vdj8 but after 6 wks of trying and testing i am going back to vdj7.4 for gigs. Problem is, i now have to reanalyze 24,000 tracks for 7 and i have a gig Thursday night. Really pissed off.

Trying out new soundblaster xfi hd soundcard and it could be that but i was still having problems with my previous tascam us 100 audio interface which was fine with 7 but glitches and shut downs on vdj8. Could cry to be honest!!!

This is a great link to optimize your system for audio:http://www.petri.com/optimize-windows-8-audio-setup-jriver-media-center.htm

Hope this might help.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 9:01 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
@rams: The latest crash that has been logged from you appears to be a known bug that happened when using Fruit's skin. This should be fixed in the next build.
I'm not entirely sure why you need to re-analyze all your tracks for v7. The v7 and v8 databases are independent, so if you didn't delete your v7 database it is still there as it was before.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 10:36 am
Adion, thanks loads , you have shed new light on something i never even took in to the equation!! Are you saying that using a different skin may stop it shutting then restarting? I really didnt realise that skins could have such an effect on the player.

Can you recommend the best skin for me please and ill trial it as i love vdj8 and im really reluctant to ditch it.

Thanks loads my friend.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 2:15 pm
Adion, I have a samsung notebook i5 processor with 6gb of ram, optimized to the max for audio. I have a creative soundblaster xfi hd soundcard which i have read has asio drivers that can be very temperamental. Im using the soundblaster sound drivers wasapi as the master and then my jbsystems dj kontrol 2 for my headphones and all going through one channel on a mixer. What setting do you recommend in the performance tab ie latency, ultra latency yes or no? load track on high mid or low priority?

Thanks if you can help.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 2:27 pm
I've been using the Fruit Skin. Had the same thing happen to me twice on my last gig. App would crash and restart. Got BOOS from everyone on the dance floor. I was embarrassed.
Glad this will be addressed in the next build. I really like the Fruit Skin. It's more professional looking than the stock skin.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 6:19 pm
So Adion, any logs for my crash? Using default skin.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 6:51 pm
@rams, thanks for the link. I'll play around with that later this week.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 6:52 pm
You're welcome jb. Found that the tips in the link along with the tips page on the forum cover every base.

Jimmy, thanks for sharing that. My paranoia has come from purchasing a second hand memory card that I didnt realise had a faulty cable so mid music mysystem would crash but it was the soundcard switching off, took me hoirs to realise that. Got a new cable and works fi e but was using fruit skin and Creative asio drivers, vdj8 crashed a couple of times with me but I have read the asio drivers for creative are really temperamental. So I have switched to wasapi creative sound drivers, then the switch off and restart happened twice whilst testing. I have switched to the stock Atomix skin and will test it. Got a gig Thursday and I really need it to work.

What skin are you using now Jimmy?

Thanks for your feedback, love the way everyone really wants to help on here. Regards, Will.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 7:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)