Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 2 nights of crashes with build 2003

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm using:
Macbook Pro with Retina Bootcamp with Windows 8
Virtual DJ 8 Build 2003
Display Port out to Projector for Video
Numark Mixdeck Quad

In previous builds I have had audio stuttering every couple of hours but not actual crashes. I use mostly Vob and MP4 videos with a few MP3s thrown in

Last night, I kept losing the signal to my projector which would cause VDJ to stutter and then fill my Laptop screen with the video. I could double click to go back to VDJ then eventually get the video back through the projector again. It did this a few times.

Tonight, with a different projector in a different venue it did the same, randomly losing the video signal, laptop screen goes black, audio stutters, then get full screen video on my laptop. Again, double click and I can go back, and eventually get video working again.
Tonight also I had a complete crash when I selected the slideshow to play during an audio track. Went back to desktop, had to start the program again.

Apart from updating to 2003 (which I did just before the first gig), the only thing I've changed in my setup is that I updated my video driver to the latest version (Intel Iris Pro 5200).

Have rolled back the driver and will test a lot tomorrow.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 9:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)