Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Waiting for MIDI Clock output

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was told about 2yrs ago to wait for v8 because the MIDI out would be much better for feeding beats to lighting software. So...is there a plan on when v8 will actually have MIDI out?

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 6:27 pm

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 5:05 am
...that's someone else asking the same thing as I am. When is it coming back? I wont even think about using v8 without MIDI clock.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 8:55 am
I know.... ;)
I just wanted you to point to a similar question with possible solutions until things got solved.
BTW: Your question should be posted in the >>Wishes-forum.<<

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 10:48 am
I was told by vdj staff to post it here. If you people want to eliminate double threads, you should all be on the same page with where to post things.

I love your software, but stuff like this can be frustrating.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 10:52 am
Sorry to hear about the confusion. AFAIK the missing MIDI-clock is not a bug, but a missing feature. That's why I pointed towards the Wishes-forum.

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 6:32 am
osuarezPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Can I ask why it has not been added back in yet? A lot of users of this software are not going to use it live because the midi clock is not a part of the software and is needed to run the lighting software. I would be interested to know if there is any intent to add it in and when, so I and others can plan accordingly.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 7:14 pm
I would encourage any users who are awaiting for midi clock to be added back in to at least let it be known. It just seems to me that it is just as important to users as other things that are being added or fixed in the software and it should receive the same attention.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 7:17 pm
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
We need Midi Clock!

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 8:46 am
I know this is not a popular subject with the programmers but could someone just explain why midi clock has not been added back in? Also when they expect it will be added in? This may help us to understand what is going on...

Posted Wed 19 Nov 14 @ 7:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)