Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Songs Shift and Load in a different Position each time I load them ...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I'm New in the VDJ Community but I've been using VDJ for many years now.

I've been using VDJ8 for the last 6-7 months on all my Gigs, I'm satisfied with it because the sound is much more superior compared to the previous version.

The problem that I'm going to describe to you wasn't an issue on the previous version (VDJ 7.4.1), neither did it exist on VDJ8 when I first started using it. It appeared about a month ago, the last month the I've been using it ...

What I Love about VDJ is that you can mix your songs with precision and create a wonderful result when playing Live !!! I use many different methods and techniques depending on the music genre that I want to play ... But each technique requires accuracy in order to have a good result, so I estimate my mixes to the second, even at tenths of a second and why not since the software gives you this ability ... But the Last month I have discovered a problem, a problem that didn't exist before ...

When I load a specific song on either deck, it loads each time on a different position, + or - 1 to 7 seconds, and the Beat Bar indicator is also placed in a different position. For instance, the 1st time that I load it, the Beat Bar Indicator shows 4, the 2nd time on 2 or 1, and of course the song starts each time at a different time (length) ...

Why is this a problem ??? I can explain ...

While mixing, beat matching for instance, not only do the songs need to have the same BPMs and their beats matched on each other,
they also need to be in sync , the indicators on the 4 beat bar of each song has to be the same, one underneath the other in order to have the perfect mix and change the the song at the proper moment. I estimate the time that has past on the song playing to the second (sec), so I can bring in the 2nd song at the right time ... If the songs load each time at a different time length and beat bar position, this task becomes very difficult ... Although the description of this process sounds a bit complicated, it isn't in reality, and I've been doing it with VDJ for many years now with success ...

The Shifting of the song each time it loads, doesn't only effect the technique above, but many other techniques also ...

Till Now !!! Virtual DJ has been a very accurate & helpful program, but the last month it has lost a bit of it's stability, so I would appreciate if the Producers of this Software (computer programmers) fix this problem (Bug), so people can continue to Mix songs as successfully as they used to ...

Has anyone else noticed this problem ???

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 3:09 pm
Sounds like you have a script that does something everytime you load a track.
You may need to record a video to understand what's going on...
Try setting a CUE1 point at the beginning of the track and in OPTIONS set it so that when you load a track it automatically goes to CUE1 and see what that does...

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 6:15 pm
i am experiencing this as well in new beta but it only happens when the tracks have no cue marks and i have is set to load to cue.

it didn't happen it previous builds i posted in regression bugs.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 6:19 pm
Cue Points, hmmm, a lot of my friends (who are also DJs) use them, I haven't considered it yet, I didn't have to, the type of music genres that I play don't require using them, but maybe I should start to ...

The Point and the Issue here is that each time they improve something with updates, something else in the software changes behavior, effecting it's stability & credibility ... Many people haven't switched to VDJ8 yet and are still using VDJ7.4.1, but I've chosen to use 8 so I can learn all of it's functions and to help out, if I spot any bugs, malfunctions or anything else that needs improvement ...

Even if I start using CUE points, this problem still needs to be fixed, because it indicates the there is a stability issue in the software that needs to be resolved ...

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 4:40 am
@SpBlackCat i agree

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 5:07 am
Most likely you have changed a setting like "Auto-Cue" which determines where the marker is placed when you load a track.
If you don't use cues then you should just disable it and it will always load at the very beginning of the song.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 7:08 am
PhantomDeejay, I'll try turning OFF the setting that you suggested and hope that it gives a solution to this problem, but I have my doubts, because as I mentioned above, this problem did not pre-exist, it appeared the last month & I haven't changed any settings having to do with AUTO-Cue and CUE points in general, but it's worth a try ... I Have a Gig coming up next week so I'll be able to see if I have better results to this problem ...

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 8:07 am
If that does not work then simply create CUE1 at the beginning of each track, it should always load at that point. Marking starting CUEs is pretty useful, you may wanna skip the intro phrase and start right into the beats section.

As far as those pesky software bugs, well, they will eventually iron those out.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:40 pm
@PhantomDeejay

problem is i do use cues but there are times when i need to load a track that's new with no cues and in previous builds it would cue to the first beat even though i had set to cue to cue marks. now it just loads to what ever point of the track it likes could be the middle, end u never know where it will load to and sad to say its just plain not right it should load to the start unless i have a cue set elsewhere.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 1:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
We are aware of this bug, and it will be fixed in the next update.

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 8:20 am
Thank you adion

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 10:46 am
Thanks for the support Wickedmix !!!

Zacek100 I'll take your advice and start using Cue points, another DJ also suggested I should do so and a lot of my friends that DJ use them ...

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 4:42 am
Thanks Adion for your Support and Understanding !!!

I hope this problem in VDJ8 is resolved soon in the next updates of the program !!!

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 4:43 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)