Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: bad problem with audio only visualization

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am using build 2003 but there have been problems with this all along in one way or another.

1) Select any visualization effect for audio only visualization

2) Select this audio only vis so it is easy to test this - make it visible in the slot that is.

3) load a video onto deck 1

4) ctrl+v to start visualization - just a clear step - probably does not matter how you start the vis

5) play the video

6) click on audio only vis to activate it (again since it is already active) - hell click it a couple times

At this point you should start to see video become very slow. What happens is when you click activate on the audio only vis, OnStop gets called. Then OnStart gets called in an infinite loop and it is probably worse than this to you internally. Lock up and crashes can come later.

When an audio file is on deck 1 and not a video and you activate the audio only vis, OnStop gets called and then just one OnStart. Not infinite. Of course this should not happen either.

It does not matter if the video is on deck 1, 2, etc. Probably a lot of combinations that can reproduce this. This was discovered by a user who was just doing what he normally does so easy to run into. It is natural to want and try to deactivate the audio only vis. If you can't deactivate it then you should do absolutely nothing when user tries to deactivate it.

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 7:52 am
this could explain my issue too.
this coming weekend im gonna roll without visuals as i can get thru a whole session then without fear of the visuals taking over like theyre possessed :(

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 4:47 pm
That doesn't happen to me... runs perfect... anyway im just using the milkdrop, not any other plugin like tellivisuals or any other stuff.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 1:23 am
Happens for any visualization including milkdrop on my 2 machines and other user machines. I believe marksmolinski was talking about not running 'visualizations' in general and not to single out TellyVisuals.

On my machines and any machine this happens on, it clearly goes into a loop calling OnStart over and over. Seems very odd to me it would not happen on your machine. Are you using build 2003 and are you using video as described ? It does not happen if you are just using audio. You also have to try and deactivate the visualization. This is what starts the problem when video is running on some deck.

So what I am saying is the fact that it goes into an infinite loop as exactly outlined above should not matter what PC VDJ is running on.

If it does not happen for you following the above steps exactly, then it may be important information for you to describe your machine setup and VDJ build.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 4:17 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Replicated and reported :)

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 8:42 am
Thanks Scott.

Outside of fixing the problem, maybe it should be indicated somehow that this is an audio only vis and cannot be deactivated. Maybe grayed. Personally I think I would like to see it have it's own slot with easy selection or ability to turn it off from that slot but that could come later.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 9:00 am
Thanks Scott - Im hoping for a resolve asap. I have gigs all week.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 2:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)