Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual Playlists Not Showing in VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Apologies if this is a replication but I cannot find any answers elsewhere on the Forum for my specific issue. I have version 7 and 8 on my laptop running Windows 7. My music is stored on an external HD, and with Itunes, on the laptop HD. Version 7 runs perfectly and now I want to get up to speed with version 8, but NONE of my many virtual folders, which are so important to me, are showing in the sidebar on version 8.

Also when I want to add a new Virtual Playlist in version 8, the command activation works fine but after hitting enter there is nothing set up in the side bar.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:56 am
Was the external drive connected when you installed and first ran VDJ 8?

8 would have needed to see your existing 7 data in order to import it when it first ran.

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 10:02 am
Go to "Documents\VirtualDj" folder
Rename the "settings.xml" and "database.xml" files and the "folders" directory to something like "settings_old.xml", "database_old.xml", "folders_old"
Go on your external drive.
On the root of the drive there should be a folder named "VirtualDj"
Rename it to something like "VirtualDj_old"
Launch VirtualDj 8 again.
Now it should read your version 7 database again and recreate a new one for version 8. Also all your virtual folders should carry over from version 7
If that's not the case or if you don't have any of the mentioned files/folders on your system let us know since it can be a file permissions issue that prevents VirtualDj from writing data on your drive(s)

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 10:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)