Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 8 BPM Engine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

There have been a few occasions thus far where I noticed the BPM engine for VDJ 8 return a value for a track that was considerably off from the actual BPM value. The track itself did not contain any BPM variations. The actual BPM and the returned BPM were also not multiples of each other, so this is not similar to those cases where a 150 BPM track is detected as a 75 BPM track. Below is a specific example.

Example:
-Track was detected at 166.67 BPM
-Actual BPM of track was 124.99 BPM. This was also confirmed by VDJ 7
-Using the 'Re-Analyze BPM' option did not help

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 12:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What's the track?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 1:42 pm
Also what format is it in? That's had a bearing on things in the past.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 2:12 pm
Appreciate the response guys. The track is in an MP3 format. The track itself was by remixed by a local DJ, so I'd have to circle back with him first before I can actually send over for analysis. That said, have you experienced this behavior at all? If so, anything you can shed besides VDJ 8 perhaps using a different BPM engine than VDJ 7 that would explain this behavior? Are there any ways to tweak the BPM engine in VDJ 8?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 2:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
There are no tweaks, I run into this problem from time to time but I play breakcore which can be very chaotic so I sort of accept it.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 2:40 pm
Does it have just a straightforward 4/4 beat, or some sort of hoppy skippy rhythm?

The latter do tend to confuse software.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 2:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)