Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beatlock Options

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Is there any way in VJ8 for the beatlock to behave the same as V7?

For example there was only 1 button to click in V7 and all decks were locked, so regardless of which deck your moved, all others corresponded. (Sort of like a Global Master Tempo like Traktor)

Now I have to think about which deck is going to follow the other one, then I have to ensure that the Master is selected (usually its not for the activity I'm thinking about-see below)

I understand that V8 has this feature so that any deck can be selected or deselected to follow the Master Deck but this would be a great feature if only 2 decks were being used.

I use this feature specifically when I have a large BPM difference and I am looping both decks then speeding or slowing decks simultaneously to get to the desired BPM

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys...
ps I see a weird slipping of the slave deck after it's been stopped and still in beatlock mode. This did not happen in V7

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 1:09 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You could try mapping something like this:

get_deck 4 ? deck 1 beatlock & deck 2 beatlock & deck 3 beatlock & deck 4 beatlock : deck 1 beatlock & deck 2 beatlock

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 2:39 am
djlk4uPRO InfinityMember since 2008
PachN wrote :
You could try mapping something like this:

get_deck 4 ? deck 1 beatlock & deck 2 beatlock & deck 3 beatlock & deck 4 beatlock : deck 1 beatlock & deck 2 beatlock

this worked well for me. Thanks so much PachN! Actually I deleted the 'get_deck 4?' and kep the rest and it worked great!
Thanks agin!

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 8:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)