Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ PC 8 bld 1960.821 Crashes after 10-15 minutes W7

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjbatPRO InfinityMember since 2014
So frustrated. Finally have time after months to put this software through some initial tests and every time at about 10-15 minutes, it crashes to desktop...

Using a Pioneer DDJ-SB Controller (Serato). Playing videos/mp3s but doesn't matter what I'm playing - it seems timed... like it's still thinking it's in demo mode even though I'm a monthly subscriber.

I'm hooked up to an HDMI monitor. MSI GX740 Laptop. WiFi off or on and logged in - doesn't matter.

VDJ Peeps... thoughts?

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 12:59 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I see the crash reports - any chance you could try a newer build to see if the issue has been resolved?

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 4:49 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same issue. I am using the latest public build, 1960.821 and mine crashes more frequently then yours. Approx. every 2-3 minutes. I do not use the betas. Please let me know if a newer build solves the problem for you? My PC is Windows 8.1, i5 with 4 gigs of ram! Thank You

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 8:37 am
jbezz, it would be handy if you could replicate the crash whilst logged in and online so the crash report is uploaded for us to see.

At present there are no crash reports against your account :)

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 8:58 am
While I'm using VDJ8 live I disable my wifi and try to stay offline! I will turn it on to try and get some logs to you!

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 10:07 am
SBDJ:

I'll try again tonight. That's awesome you're actively able to review my crash log?! Sometimes philosaurus wonders if the crash report happened before the crash... or after figuring once crashed, how could the report go out :)

I didn't notice it updating last night while online so should I just pull from the download link?

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 12:37 pm
If you're online and logged in (and haven't disabled it) then any crash reports are automatically uploaded so they can be fixed ASAP :)

Your crash looks like a problem with master tempo.

To get a later version you either need beta builds enabled or to manually download it.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 4:22 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
It looks like a crash linked to Master Tempo/Key Lock. Do you remember what you did when it happened? Change of pitch / key / scratch ?

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 4:23 pm
I do recall playing around with MT/KL but not actively when the crash happened. While I was using MT/KL it was fine and I did mess around with scratching now and then but the crash happened on it's own minutes later while not fiddling with anything yet that's not to say ML wasn't still on although I'm pretty sure tempo was locked at 0.. so perhaps there's some buffer memory leak in regards to however those routines get used.

I'll turn beta on and try later tonight.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 10:15 pm
something to note... I've had both key locks off and tempos set to 0. I played a few videos... went to 6 mp3s or so, then threw a video on and it played back too low in pitch but correct speed. I had to pull the tempo down and back up to 0 to reset. This actually was happening in the previous release I was using too.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 1:45 am
Seems the crashing is gone. Been almost an hour - definitely longer run then last time. Thank you! Will give it a longer run for it's money after the 17th.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 2:12 am
So I got beta build 1996.823... and again I had a restart a few minures into a set.. I was online so I'm hoping that you got a log of the crash. I played for about another hour.. not a gig.. at home.. and shut it down. Tomorrow I will play some more. If you did get a log can you please take a look at it. Thank you

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 9:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
jbezz wrote :
So I got beta build 1996.823... and again I had a restart a few minures into a set.. I was online so I'm hoping that you got a log of the crash. I played for about another hour.. not a gig.. at home.. and shut it down. Tomorrow I will play some more. If you did get a log can you please take a look at it. Thank you

Doesn't look related to the other crash, possibly something wrong with the skin you are using?

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 5:36 am
Hi SBDJ -

Just had another crash with the latest beta from today.
Was playing a video, then went to MP3 and engaged TellyMedia which was fine - Turned it off, went to turn it on again and another crash.
Any news from the crash-dump? I was online so hoping there's something you can gleam from it :)

^o^

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 5:42 pm
Well, after what seemed to be a stable environment for 24 hours at home with a fresh W7 reformat, latest stable build, etc... I had a crash in the middle of a busy floor..... I was using Petes Plug in pack but can't find 100% fault there since they seem to work fine and I've had similar crashes with just the stock plug-ins with VDJ8 install.

So yea... bummer.

Have to cancel the monthly subscription today (which is a great idea to have this monthly sub) so maybe in six months, I'll revisit.

Thanks everyone!

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 4:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)