Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Incorrect bitrate in browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sure I reported this earlier but .....

Scanned some tracks in V8 today. Fllesize dictates they should be higher bitrate however they are showing as 128 in the browser. However once the track is loaded in the deck it changes correctly after a couple of seconds. Should it not update immediately after the scan?

It even shows different values on the same screen as below until loaded.

Any ideas?

Even after playing the bitrates don't match correctly either.

P.S Thread should read incorrect bitrate in browser :)

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 6:48 am
So what should it be? Is it CBR or VBR?

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 6:56 am
No idea ......

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 6:58 am
Best way for anyone if a video or audio file is in question is to post that video or audio file so it can be looked at. It's like pulling teeth to get this from some of you :) It saves time and guess work. Every video and audio file is different and so you can't just generalize and make a broad statement about them.

I don't know if VDJ has a way to upload files in general but that might be good. Videos tend to be large so that is a problem but videos can be cut down to size pretty easily. A lot of the time it is ok to just 'cut' the file with no intelligence so you get the first part of the file say 2 to 10 MB of data. Not always the case though.

You can also use MediaInfo to look at the statistics for most any audio or video file.

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 7:15 am
Yeah, so basically if you rescan a file (or automix scans it) it doesn't update the bitrate immediately. Only does it when the track is loaded in the player.

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 3:11 pm
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Just noticed same behavior today... loading on deck ensures the correct bitrate is detected, scan of BPM etc does not.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 1:05 pm
Yes, bug is still there. Can we get a fix please?

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 1:32 pm
all my files are Flac and they all show various bit rates is this correct ? or is it a problem with Virtual DJ 8 Infinity. My other question is does the audio get effected when I see various bit rates.

Posted Tue 04 Nov 14 @ 3:14 pm
@DJMikeJames

FLAC files are not all the same bitrate they are encoded at the optimum bitrate for the frequencies contained in each individual file.

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 4:12 am
Okay thanks for the info. But when high lite the file it says bit rate 1,411kbps in Virtual DJ 8 it says 895kbps just a little confused

Posted Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 6:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)