Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark NS7 glitches randomly

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
(Can we fix the search on this board so I can actually search for "NS7" and get some results?)
Four Letter search: NS-7

I picked up an NS7 (yes, heavy I know), and I tested it out several times at home, no problem. Used it at a wedding this past weekend and had about 3 glitches, but I can't reproduce them.

System is Mid 2010 Macbook Pro, 2.4Ghz i5, 8GB Ram

Been using 8 for quite some time now with my Denon 6000 without any glitches.

1st glitch) Did dinner music using automix in deck 2, loaded the track for the grand entrance into Deck 1, during song, turned off automix, and dropped in the First Dance song (maybe not in that order), When I went to start deck 2, the platter on the deck is spinning, but VDJ is playing REEEAAALLLYYY SSSSLLOOOOWWW... as if the start up speed was at max on the NS7, except the track never seemed to come up to speed. I quickly drug the first dance song to the first deck, and it played fine. I took the start speed control, turned it all the way up, and back down, loaded the mother/son dance song into deck 2, previewed it in headphones, worked fine.

2nd glitch) I put dinner music back on deck 2, started playing it, and halfway through the song, it jumps to somewhere in the next song in the list. (I had auto play mode set to remove silence).

3rd glitch) in the middle of a song, it just stops. I grabbed the vinyl, moved it back & forth, it may have taken one swipe or 2, then it started working, I may have hit CUE during the confusion, then start, starting the track over again...

Settings:
autoBPM is OFF

No other issues through the night. I'm going to try using a different USB cable to eliminate that, and I'm getting a Furman Power conditioner to help with any electrical issues as I didn't have my power conditioner with me that night, however, even without using a conditioner, I've never had issues with my Denon.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 1:37 am
Hello, which VDJ 8 built are you using?

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 7:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)