Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ 8 suddenly slows the music down and freezes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Twice now in the middle of a set my song all of a sudden distorts, slows down then completely freezes. I can't pinpoint a particular factor that causes this.

I'm using ......
HP Powerbook 4540s
Intel Core I5 2.7 GHz
RAM 8 GB
Windows 7 64 Bit

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 12:45 pm
An update to my freezing issue...
It seems that the issue with VDJ 8 slowing down then completely freezing happens when I try to play or analyze certain Mpeg4 video files.

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 12:31 pm
metrixPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 12:35 pm
metrix wrote :
yes i don´t now why but some times my pitch jumping up and down +-12 and most of my Sampler have at the end Sound glitch clicks without loop in Sampler Editor i have no glitches clicks. In Looped Sampler i have too no glitches clicks

http://www.file-upload.net/download-9617185/sampler.mp3.html

I haven't experienced the pitch up, but the pitch down when playing or analyzing some video files. After that it just freezes.

Posted Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 12:45 pm
The same issue with VDJ8 freezing after loading a new song happens to me once every set. I originally thought it was video files causing VDJ to pitch the song down then freeze, but it happens with audio files also. Is anyone having this same problem? Is there another forum thread addressing this issue?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:52 am
Have you got milk drop installed at all, particularly as an audioonlyvisualisation?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:57 am
THe milkdrop seems to be my issue too. I'm trying everything to resolve this...

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 2:08 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)