Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Returning to V7... Skin & Video problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hey guys, just tested out V8 for the last eight weeks or so and was happy with what it offered but, unfortunately I have decided to go back to V7 until the video sampler gets work on it that it so desperately needs, namely having a blank video screen for the decks if there is no music video place in either one of them, same goes for the sampler, why in the hell have a sampler if you can't use it if there is no music video loaded on a deck.

Lastly and I've tried to over come this and work with what there is, but having no equivalent replacement feature for clipbank I missed it too much and have decided to ditch V8 until there is an improvement for this plugin, sorry, but video sampler does not do "what it says on the tin."

Anyways, previously using V7 I always ran with the V-Mix skin, now when I try to load a new music video onto either deck it will only load as a video link to the one that is already playing. I've tried all sorts to correct this problem even removing both V7 and V8 then reinstalling V7 but the problem persists, anyone got a solution to this... it's doing my head in!

EDIT... I have tried other skins with the same results, everything loads as normal with the installed VDJ skins.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 6:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Doesn't tellyVisuals do what clip bank did?

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 7:17 am
TellyMedia does a lot more than clipbank so yes not equivalent :)

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 10:52 am
Really surprised that this hasn't been picked up on or quetions raised to the problem that is happening when deleting V8 from the drive. I'd say in my humble opinion this is a bug and should be looked at.

Sequence of events...

Deleted V8 from machine last Thursday

Tried to run vdj with vmix skin that i have used for years without problem...

Placed videos on to decks, but they would not automatically load tune, had to hit play button for the video to start loading.

End of tune, went to place new video on deck 1 while deck 2 is playing, video shows on decks put didn't load on deck, pressed play and realised the original tune was still on decks and now the second tune had become a video link... wth.

This happened no matter what track I put onto either deck.

Tried standard vdj 2 deck skin and everything worked perfectly for the rest of the evening but was unhappy that I couldn't use my usual skin.

Since then I have tried numerous re installs of v7, I've even tried using different user skins but all having the problem of loading a video onto decks makes it a video link to the previous song, only way to get round it is to remove original track place new new one on deck and press play to get it to load, where as it should be loading automatically.

Using vdj skins none of the above problems are present.

Could someone comment on this problem please or at least point to a remedy.

Thanks.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 3:25 pm
I tried Dons plugin but got a side message to the plugin saying words to the effect it was not compatible, what a bummer, can't wait until I'm able to use it to be honest. going to give it a whirl on v7 see how I get on with it, got a couple of ideas I want to try out with this super nifty plugin and if all goes to plan I'll be a happy chappy.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 3:35 pm
Thats pretty strange Tayla. Assuming you installed the latest TellyMedia I would like to know why so if you would please email me we can find out.

My email and latest TM is here: http://www.tellyvisuals.com

One thing is the current version cannot run as visualization in 8 but that is changing now.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 4:08 am
Hi Don, if you have the time when our time zones meet up I'm at my desk for most of the day and will be available on Skype... cheers.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 7:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)