Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: When connected to Pioneer CDJ-2000 with USB tracks start to slowly move forward after cueing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

As described in the title. When I have a track cued most times the track will start to move slowly forward so when I come to hit play it will be a couple of seconds down the line from where i'd set it. This happens on different units too so I presume it's an issue with the software and not the decks?

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 10:07 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you tap (hard) the top of your CDJ around the play button area do you see the waveform moving on its own?

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 4:13 pm
I'll check that and report back. The waveform is usually just slowly edging along of it's own accord though.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 2:28 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
You will find that it will do this when playing in a live situation with lots of bass. I have exactly the same problem (I have 6 18" subs either side of me) at work and this also was a problem for me with v7. The bass vibrations cause the platters to move. I also use to experience this in SSL when I used to use it.

Try and get something to put under the cdjs to try and isolate them.

This issue has been raised in the past.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 4:08 pm
My above test was actually to test for vibration being the cause :)

We are aware of the vibration issue and there should be something in place for this soon.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 5:34 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
I wonder how the vibrations affects the waveform loading ?

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 1:54 pm
The vibrations don't affect the waveform loading; they cause the jogwheel to move ever so slightly resulting in the play marker visibly moving whilst the track is not playing.

Posted Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 8:27 am
Is this related to the audible slipping people have mentioned when they're holding the 'vinyl' on top of their motorised platters?

Small vibrations (caused by the platter movement below)....

Posted Sun 05 Oct 14 @ 1:35 pm
I finally had chance to test the theory last night as I was back in the club where I use these decks. Tapping on the decks didn't create any movement on the waveforms. I did notice that when quieter at the start there was no movement, it was only later when we were blasting the audio so the bass vibration feeding into the platter does sound likely. The waveforms were slowly moving backwards not forwards as I'd stated earlier and happened on both decks. I had them set to Advanced HID mode.
It made no difference adjusting the jog sensitivity.
I played 90% video but I ended the night with 3 or 4 audio tracks which didn't move, dunno if that was significant or just coincidence.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 3:28 am
A thought....

If you tightened up the CDJ platters using the 'jog adjust' dial then they'd be less prone to small movements from vibration.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 7:31 am
I have mine set to 75% and they are still very susceptible to vibration.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 7:33 am
Tried that....

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 4:17 pm
What I find weird about this is that when I use CD's they do not move at all. It's only when I'm using them through VDJ.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 8:13 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)