Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: BPM not appearing in iTunes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

eaybdlPRO InfinityMember since 2014
When I analyse my music in Virtual DJ for BPM etc. this does not appear in the info in the iTunes library.
Similarly if I change the track title in iTunes this won't update in VDJ.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 4:31 pm
ok so I tried the same thing on traktor, very easy and straight forward - loads the BPM onto itunes straightaway.
VDJ surely this a simple feature??

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 4:50 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Do you write the analysed BPM to the tracks tags? If not you won't see any difference in itunes.
When you you rename a track in itunes are you writing to tags or are you renaming the actual file name, have you directed V8 to your itunes database?

You should really only work with (make changes) VDJs database as that's the important one.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 4:53 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
After you changed your tags in iTunes, open up VDJ, browse to those tracks, mark them all do a rightclick on any of these files an choose "Batch - Load tags".

As Loco said, the BPMs in VDJ are stored in the VDJ database.xml. If you wish to always reflect changes made in VDJ to the Tags set the option "setTagsAuto" to yes.

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 3:15 am
Thanks for getting back to me guys
"Batch - Load tags" works well for loading in VDJ changes made in iTunes (e.g. track names)

but showing BPM analysed in VDJ in iTunes, doesn't appear to be possible. i set "setTagsAuto" to yes and still nothing shown in iTunes. Does it work for you?
it would be nice to know BPM in itunes for making playlists of songs with similar BPM.

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 12:17 pm
Why not make your playlists in VDJ?

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 4:03 pm

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 5:02 pm
sorry i was wrong it does use BPM and it displays the bpms from my files fine odd yours doesn't work?

sounds like you need to get iTunes to reload the tags

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 5:06 pm
yeah iTunes definitly isn't displaying any BPMs that i've got out of VDJ. tried reloading tags and itunes.
are you using mac or pc wickedmix? i'm using this on my mac, i wonder is this is a mac itunes related issue.

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 11:00 am

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 11:05 am
I am on a PC possible a mac issue can't say

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 11:56 am
thanks for the link, i'll give it a try

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 4:17 pm
update. found a strange solution, not an ideal one by all means though.
once the track on VDJ is analysed to get BPM- if I right click the track in VDJ and go to "tag editor", then press ok (without actually making any changes) - then the BPM will magically appear in itunes for that individual track.
it seems that by going into tag editor, it makes a change to the tag that itunes recognises, quite strange. has to be done individually as well so it’s not a solution for 1000s of tracks

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 7:36 am
If u have another tag editing app like mp3tag you can check the track to see if just scanning is updating the tags. To me it sounds like they are not this could be because of a setting or a bug hard to say which.
I would search tag in the vdj options and make sure you have the auto write stuff on.

Also and this may not apply to Mac but on PCM if a file is set to read only some programs will not update tags. Probably not the issue but worth a mention.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 8:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
If you recurse your master folder, and select all, open the tag editor then every track's tags will be updated in one go.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 8:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)