Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Multiple Instances

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Forum search did not find this topic already discussed, sorry if I missed one somewhere. I love the new version's sample pad, however I have a situation where I need 4 decks and 2 samplers simultaneously, each routed to a different output (12 ASIO outputs). Therefore, I had planned on trying to run 2 instances of VirtualDJ 8 side-by-side, but I don't seem to be able to do that like we were able to with version <= 7. Is this possible?

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 10:34 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You cannot run multiple instances I'm afraid.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 11:31 am
You don't need to run two copies to have four (or more) decks. OK you can't have more than one sampler, but you can route the sampler output to a separate channel.

You could for example use a six deck setup, with four decks for "normal" DJ use, then the others as additional sample playing devices.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 12:46 pm
Also, even if you could run two instances, you wouldn't be able to access the same sound card from two "different" software at the same time by using ASIO. You would have to use WASAPI instead.

All ASIO drivers that I know of, allow only ONE application at the time to talk on the soundcard.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)