Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Autoplay Automix Type (remove intro / outro) does not work. - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Autoplay Automix Type (remove intro / outro) does not work.
The songs will be fully played

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 3:32 am
Hallo,
I thought the same thing for a long time, until I started to look af the POI's Editor for each track and found that the automix points are all bunched together at the beggining and end of the track, if you manually move these around it seems to work fine.
My only problem is I've around 30,000 songs on my laptop;(

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:39 am
That would be nonsense, if we had to adjust each song separately. That's what each setting to decide how long the songs are played
I think this is a bug.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 6:09 pm
I hope that you are right
mfg
ray

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 8:01 pm
update post, to try and keep it on top of the list.

I have to agree Stefan, it doesn't work as I would like it to work. If I hit the option for automix "remove intro/outro" it still plays my songs from beggining to end most of the time, even though there is a clear intro or outro in the song.

The big question is when will the Atomix team look at this problem?

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 3:03 pm
raypitman wrote :
update post, to try and keep it on top of the list.

I have to agree Stefan, it doesn't work as I would like it to work. If I hit the option for automix "remove intro/outro" it still plays my songs from beggining to end most of the time, even though there is a clear intro or outro in the song.

The big question is when will the Atomix team look at this problem?

Sometimes ist works correct. Most it works not. We wait for an update.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 4:47 am
I have been requesting Automix to be fixed for ages and I just keep getting fobbed off from the support guys. Will any of the development team at Atomix wake up to acknowledge that Automix has issues and needs to be fixed?

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 11:06 am
i know its sucks to set all your tracks but i think the idea behind the POI editor is to let you decide where the intro ends and where the outro begins giving you the final say in the matter ... I don't think any software no matter how well programmed can make the decision on where these point should be...

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 11:39 am
VDJ 7.4.1 does a damn good job of Automix....

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 3:44 pm
wickedmix wrote :
i know its sucks to set all your tracks but i think the idea behind the POI editor is to let you decide where the intro ends and where the outro begins giving you the final say in the matter ... I don't think any software no matter how well programmed can make the decision on where these point should be...

+1

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 12:01 pm
raypitman wrote :
wickedmix wrote :

+1

V7.4.1 makes a good job of Automixing in Smart mode

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 3:01 pm
wynchesPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Agree:
V7.4.1 makes a good job of Automixing in Smart mode

And Atomix please bring back "*BPM". It is definitely one of the BEST features of V7.4. Can’t imagine why it has been dropped on V8.
It made Tempo Beat Matching on V7.4 (Smart mode) very simple and could easily be used live. POI editing is a very good Tool but generally not suited for live play in that the editing has to be done in advance.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 3:56 pm
Confirmed... sometimes there are 10 seconds of silence at the end of a track in autoplay?

What does "remove silence" do if it doesn't remove the silence?

A fix would be appreciated.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 9:00 am
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all the different modes of automix controlled by the position of the various POI points and if the behavior is wrong moving a POI point will correct it?
After recently going through over 1000 file adjusting cue point I noticed all the automix related POI points that were auto set would probably not be in ideal positions for me. It possible that its the case for others as well.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 10:36 am
Why should you have to move the poi indicator if the software says it will "remove the silence"?

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 2:27 pm
[quote=wickedmix]Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't all the different modes of automix controlled by the position of the various POI points and if the behavior is wrong moving a POI point will correct it?
After recently going through over 1000 file adjusting cue point I noticed all the automix related POI points that were auto set would probably not be in ideal positions for me. It possible that its the case for others as well.[/quote
Yeah man, this is what I've also found out. If I look at the automix points in the poi editor I see that they're nearly always bunched together at the start or end of the track, especially the "fade start" and "fade exit"(as these are the ones that relate to the mode "remove intro/outro" I think) so this means that the automix works perfectly according to "fade" "tempo" "full" or "cut" poi's and the Dev team maybe can't understand why we're all complaining about it . The problem for me is that these points are not being set in the right(or maybe close) places automatically and I'm faced with the time consuming task of setting each poi manually, by 30,000+ songs that's an awe inspiring task.
I'm just concentrating now on manually setting the songs that I play the most and look forward to the day when this will get "the love that it deserves" from the Dev team.
So, YES, I'm having the same problems, and YES I believe you are right.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 4:33 pm
Why call it Automix when manual intervention is required with the POI editor to make it work?

Strip it back to the way it was in v7.4.1... At least it works!

Posted Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 12:39 pm
Automix is NEVER a priority for the developers. Even though wedding jocks use it every weekend for dinner and cocktail hour...

Just not high on the list for the powers that be.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 8:25 am
maybe we just need somebody to make a plugin that sets the points better, even if it was to a prefixed setting of X seconds or bars, it wouldn't be perfect, but a good start.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 9:13 am
Let's hope that after so much time spent on TC for the few that use it, Automix will get similar focus by the devs

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 10:06 am
61%