Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Freezing!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

All of a sudden tonight, VDJ is freezing big time. I haven't used it since this past Saturday, so I don't know if there was an update, but here's what's happening:
When my MC6000 MK1 is connected it freezes immediately. When the controller is not connected it works fine but will not close. I tried a repair install and it fixed nothing. Suggestions?

I'm running Windows 8.1, on a Lenovo Y500 with an Intel Core i7-3630QM 2.4GHz processor and 16G Memory

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 8:16 pm
So I did a test...it only happens when my MC6000 is connected. I even deleted the old mapping file and replaced it with a new one and the problem still exists. If I start VDJ without the controller on it functions fine....the moment I power up the controller it freezes. If I start VDJ with the controller already on, it freezes. Also, it's only on V8, the problem doesn't exist when I run V7 (glad I didn't delete it).

Any suggestions?

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 7:30 pm
My latest attempt to fix the issue was uninstalling and reinstalling the ASIO driver as well as a firmware upload to the controller. NOTHING!

Any help please?

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:40 pm
Have you tried without using a mapping file?

The MC6000 is natively supported in both VDJ 7 & 8 so it should work without requiring your own mapping file.

Posted Wed 01 Oct 14 @ 8:24 am
CMBDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Which asio driver are you using? If you are running windows 64 bit system, you should be using asio 2.22. I had a problem for months because I was running asio 1.01 which shipped with my unit and was instructed on the Denon boards by Denon to use. WRONG!

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 2:31 pm
GianVJPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I had the same problem a month ago and the cause was same plugins; try to check in the folder VirtualDJ\Plugin\Visualization the presence of this files (the VirtualDJ folder is in User Documents folder):
. milkdrop.dll (Ver 1.21.0.0)
- milkdrop.ini
. milkdrop8.dll (Ver. 1.2.5.0)
- milkdrop8.ini

If it present, move it in another place, so VDJ don't load it and launch VDJ. For me it solve the problem.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 1:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)