Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: scratch bug when hitting play

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vdj 8 on macbook pro. when i have a song loaded to play from beginning if im scratching and hit play it has a slight 2 sec lag. if i hit play and immediately start to scratch it wont even play. slight lag wait 1 sec and boom i can scratch.

tried on vdj7 works perfect. can people please post what they have for scratch settings?

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 5:32 pm
turn MotorWheelInstantPlay On and MotorwheelLockTime 0.2 , I also use StartRamp 0.2 to avoid that "jump start", but it still happens if I start the track(motorwheel off) using the HotCues, the Cue button or if I clone a deck with the platter stopped/not rotating, to workaround this is turning MotorWheelInstant Off but then I can't hold the platter and hit play...

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:41 am
ok , ill try those settings! Thanks for the tips

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 3:06 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
turn MotorWheelInstantPlay On and MotorwheelLockTime 0.2 , I also use StartRamp 0.2 to avoid that "jump start", but it still happens if I start the track(motorwheel off) using the HotCues, the Cue button or if I clone a deck with the platter stopped/not rotating, to workaround this is turning MotorWheelInstant Off but then I can't hold the platter and hit play...

*UPDATE*

just wanted to give you a heads up, those settings worked pretty good. still not as smooth as VDJ 7 but pretty damn close! THANKS AGAIN!!!!

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 4:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)