Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Video "CAMERA" plug in fails. Fix?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

vjbatPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Have tried this in 7 with my EASYcap USB dongle and Hauppauge USB-LIVE2 dongle and works fine.
However in 8, it times out with an error. Any ideas on when this fix will happen? IS there a fix? IS there a specific USB video input device V8 was developed with?

Thanks.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 1:07 pm
You can try with TellyMedia which should work and will give you more camera options, and more video, audio, image, placement options, etc. TellyMedia and TellyVisuals are free to use but I ask you make a donation if they are useful for you. The camera in TellyMedia also allows for chroma green or blue screen if that is of interest to you.

Both TellyMedia and TellyVisuals are available for both VDJ 7 and 8 and are updated with new features often depending on user input, etc.

http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=effects

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 1:27 pm
Whoa - ok - I will try tonight and YES to donation of course if it works! I'd even pay to get t to work :D

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 5:19 pm
It worked!!! Thank you for the updating this to work with VDJ8. I'm using it with my Hauppauge USB-Live 2.

I think the only thing on my wish list now is to have an option where if you fade to another track, if it's a video track, that it fades from the camera into that video and vice versa - if you fade out of a video into a music track, it fades into the camera. Right now, if the camera is on and you fade into a video track, the camera takes precedence and never goes away but that's how all the cams work so this would be a new feature so to say for camera bypass inputs.

Thanks again Don.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 10:23 am
If you activate the camera on a deck instead of master and select fade as the transition, you can fade back and forth with the camera all you want.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 11:08 am
The master is on top of everything. You can ask only if something is playing. I don't see a way to ask if a video is playing. I don't seem to have the credentials to look at vdjScript for 8 so it may contain more in this sense. I could open the file that is playing and check it that way though. Maybe later on that.

There is also audio only visualizations but it always plays regardless if audio or video is playing when the video window is up. Eats your CPU for nothing when video is playing. Also no easy control over it once it's running outside of maybe some script.

Besides what Partyman is suggesting, you can also link the TellyMedia video_fx_slider 3 script command. This slider controls the alpha of the camera. Zero is invisible and there is an optimization I can make for camera when alpha is zero. This would allow whatever is playing on a deck to show thru.

vdj script commands for TellyMedia camera:

video_fx_slider 3 - controls the camera alpha

video_fx_button 4 - starts the camera

video_fx_button 5 - stops the camera

video_fx_button 8 - place the camera on top of the TellyMedia display. Since TM can play items from the Media, Carousel, and Camera tabs at the same time. there is layering for the 3.

These and more script commands are defined in the TM help.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 3:50 pm
Thank you for the updates and suggestions - will implement and let you know!

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:12 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)