Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Questionable looproll FX bug, with musings of a solution

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not sure whether to call this a bug or not,

The looproll effect, behaves like V7 brake/backspin did in that it remembers it's initiation time, whilst this is good when using loops it can cause a problem if certain conditions are met.

Explained badly so try this
FX reset on load off
Play a track let it get 10 or so seconds in and activate the looproll effect
load a new track on to the deck and play
At 10 (or so) seconds the looproll effect will kick in.

This is pretty specific, it can be avoided (fx reset on load, keeping an eye on active effects) and probably an artefact of how it was designed to work (in loops it's great).
But perhaps this effect should be forced to reset on load, (separate to other FX) because I can't see any good reason for it to stay active once the track has been unloaded.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 8:40 am
i got a question related to the LoopRoll effect in vdj 8 , the default on that is 0,25000000 what does trhis mean? the looproll effect is working but i dont really work as i tought it would, when it rolls it goes into bites that dosent seem to be beat bites, but more random pieces, dunno if i make sense , hope some 1 understands my questions.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 2:56 pm
That setting relates to roll_mode (in the loop section) not the loop_roll FX.

roll mode is a bit lost in use for me. I suppose it is essentially a while pressed loop with slip mode on. It must have it's own niche.
Anyway, the setting is if roll mode is on and you call for "loop" (without a length) then it will be of that default length.

As for "bites" I don't understand please explain.

Posted Thu 26 Feb 15 @ 5:20 pm
well the real issue i have with the loop roll is this, my roll goes like this 4-2-1-½-1/4, i wonder if its possible to make its more smooth in the run, like 4-3-2-1........

just wondering, h ave been looking around but have not found any solutions yet

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 1:47 pm
4-3-2-1 isn't smooth, 3 is jarring
Since you're LE , you can't remap (If you were controller licence, or pro you could remap)

There are ways with custom buttons (via the mouse) but it probably isn't loop roll, it's more likely slip
If you're happy to use the mouse to click a custom button then I'll help.

@Staff can you mark the title as solved please

Posted Fri 06 Mar 15 @ 2:34 pm
well im not LE :) im advanced home edition, i think i can remap, but what do you suggest i do? when i roll, it messes it up, i have serato as well, and seems more fluid if you get my drift

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 3:30 am
and btw its knobs i have for my effects

Posted Sat 07 Mar 15 @ 3:34 am
give me the script you have so far.

Posted Sun 08 Mar 15 @ 7:30 am
i have not mapped anything jusy yet, i need to understand the loop roll properly b4 doing anything, it just seems like its jumps in the beat in a funny way.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 11:40 am
Indeed Controller license holder can custom map their controller.

Posted Sat 14 Mar 15 @ 12:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)