Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Volume on Effects does not save!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have adjusted the volume on my effects and it never saves. What am I doing wrong?

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 10:01 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
V8 saves the current settings (to .ini) when the fx is dropped from memory/V8 closed, but if you have a fx in several slots (multiple decks including master) then it doesn't save, because it doesn't know which settings to save.

I learnt this the very hard way, I formatted my machine because it was bugging the hell out of me.
A option the clear FX from settings .xml could be useful.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 10:46 am
JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I just posted something similar to this. NONE of the options on any of my effects save between sessions. Well, they save, but I have to move a knob or faded to get it to work.
Like I will have 3 knobs. One at 77%, one at 25%, and one at 0%. Lets say the default is that all of them are at 33%. So when I load up VDJ, if I hit that effect, it will play like everything is at 33%, BUT all 3 knobs will still say 73, 25, and 0. So if I move any of them, like turn the )% one up then down, and push the effect again, it plays the way it should - with MY settings, not the default 33% ones. And that is on ALL decks, in any format.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 12:34 pm
Currently the VDJ ini file seems to be useless for saving effect options. It will save an option on some deck but it has no clue what deck that option came from. So next time you restart VDJ it will use whatever was saved previously no matter what deck it was set on. With DeclareParameter you can set a default value but this is only set correctly when there is no current setting for it in the ini file.

My own effects use their own ini files for saving options and they are deck/master specific. To correct the above problem I have to set the appropriate parameter after DeclareParameter is called. How you manage this with script is anybody's guess. An effect can fix this until they fix it in the default ini file which is what they need to do. Most effects depend on the default handling for option settings and since that is not deck specific they do not recall their options properly.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 4:38 pm
Deck specific ini saving, seems logical.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 7:27 pm
It's only a matter of time until someone post about an embarrassing situation where they used the effects and it came in so loud that people were incredibly annoyed. Or, perhaps it blew their speakers.

It's coming.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 7:55 am
I doubt speakers or amps are in danger, the limiter should catch that.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 10:20 am
Don Moir wrote :
Currently the VDJ ini file seems to be useless for saving effect options. It will save an option on some deck but it has no clue what deck that option came from. So next time you restart VDJ it will use whatever was saved previously no matter what deck it was set on.

Actually, I have it saved the way I want it exactly the same on each deck, so no matter what deck the ini file used it should be exactly the same.
The only thing I can think of is going into the effect's base ini and changing the default values.
I just brought up the ini for the effect I am having the most problems with. I am going to edit it, then report back ;-)

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 11:05 am
Nope.
Turns out the values that are in the ini file in the plugins folder are the ones I have set. It doesn't say anything about which deck it is for or anything though, it just has base values. How can each deck have separate values then? Because I remember having to go in and change each deck one by one.
And in the config I have the option to resetFX on load- off.

I have absolutely no idea why it does this. And the thing is, I have to do this for EVERY effect I have, and on EACH DECK. So if I always use 4 effects, no matter what.... that means that I have to do that little "fix" thing at least 16 times! Just to be able to use 4 effects the way I want to?
That is completely ridiculous to me. There has to be something I am overlooking, or that I screwed up somehow.

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 11:23 am
Onint maybe?

Posted Tue 09 Sep 14 @ 12:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)