Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Repost from PC tech - Effects resetting between sessions... but numbers are good... ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

JynxxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Sorry for the repost, I am not sure which forum this belongs in.... probably this one more than the PC tech one.

Any mod/admin, feel free to delete that other one if you think it doesn't belong there.
Anyway, here is my problem, and it is only with VDJ v8:

Ok, so I have a lot of effects and custom scripts assigned to different buttons on my Numark NS7, and one of them is that I changed the 'Sync' button to be 'Flanged LoopOut' instead. I have all 4 decks set the way that I like them, each parameter is set to a specific number. But when I load up VDJ8, unless I move a knob or something (like I have one set to 0.0%) it PLAYS its default settings, even though the numbers on all the knobs are just the way I left them. As soon as I move a knob or something it goes back to the way I have it set though.
Example:
I load up VDJ, play a song on deck 1, push sync, and it plays the effect, but at that effect's default settings. Close VDJ. Open VDJ again, load the same song in deck 1, only this time I load the effect into the GUI and move the knob from 0% to whatever and back to 0%. Play the song, push the button, and it plays the effect with the numbers I have set.

I don't get it. It does that with all 4 decks, and it doesn't matter what song it is, or even if it's a video.

Anyone have any ideas? The VDJScript is just a simple *effect "blah" active* script, so I don't see why it would remember all the numbers on the knobs, but not actually PLAY it that way.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 9:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)