Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: 12fps video avi file glitching (looks like a slide show!) in V8 (OK in V7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, for a while now, i've noticed that some of my video files are kind of playing OK on V8. If I "click into" the timeline, I start to get glitches. If I make use of automix I get glitches. This is only happening for video files that I previously edited new audio and mistakenly left another piece of software in "default mode" which meant that it created video files that were 12 frames per second!!! which kind of looks funky (old fashioned) on the screen so I left them be and they worked out fine on V7. When I upgraded to V8 I noticed the glitches. Like I say, this only happens for files that I created. The video files purchased from "Promo Only" and "Extendamix" work absolutely fine in both V8 and V7. I attach the details of the "problem" files as a picture.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 6:06 am
I've found that by using "bvcSoft Avi Mpeg converter gain" software (what a mouthful!!) that I can convert the 12fps to 25fps (with audio gain) and they don't glitch in V8. So long as I don't change the name of the file, the database in V8 accepts the file with no problems.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 12:14 pm

This is the working converted file.

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 6:09 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Is it possible to send me such a 12fps video file?

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 7:20 am
Speaking of the Video FPS, is it possible to show the FPS permanently on the skin?
I know i could create a text field but what would the syntax be? <textzone> .. <text format=" ??? "/> ... </textzone>

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 8:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)